Chapter 18

Anete Point of View

"No, I want either Cassandra or Audrey to be the model. They are overly expensive, yes but they know the job well." I pushed the folder towards my assistant and ordered him to pass it to the team in charge.

"Yes, ma'am. The quotations for the new Botanical Genetics project is here. The portal of submitting was closed this morning at ten and there are a total of thirteen companies who sent quotations." I nodded.

"Get me both the hard copy and soft copy."

"They will be sent before you leave for vacation, Ma'am." My assistant grinned at me weirdly.

"Did I say I was not going on any vacation?"

"You did, Ma'am. But Ms. Ilaria said you would change your mind in the last minute." I raised a brow at him, surprised to know my sister said that.

"Also –" He hesitated for a moment before continuing, "I was lucky enough to encounter Sir Cacao with Ms. Tiny Almond few minutes ago in Mr. Allard's office. He assured that you would accept his invitation to his island."

He is here?

And he went to meet Zorion but not me?

But then again, Zorion completely opposed to take vacation leave from but one call from Tiny had set him right. Now, he is ready to the hell if it means Tiny will stop meowing and chattering his ears out.

Ilaria, on the other hand, wouldn't have agreed if Devon Almond was not coming. She got it confirmed from several sources that Devon has indeed taken a leave to go on this vacation.

Now when those two are going, there should be someone here to manage things. Not only that but I'm kind of confused too.

Like any other girl, I love Cacao but his recent interest in me started to confuse me.

I know he has some emotional attachment with his pen friend. I know he was never in a relationship and heck he if does one day, I would bet my everything on it that he will be the symbol of loyalty and devotion.

His interest towards me, I can tell he is starting to like me. Like me like more than a friend.

However, like evry other girl, I have my confusion, my doubts and my insecurities too.

Sir Cacao is a free spirited man, a man who loves to do what he believes in. I wonder if I will have a negative impact on him.

I know I'm thinking a little too far but I'm a girl and girls are wired in that way.

"Knock Knock, Tick Tock, eyes on the clock, we need to leave for the dock." I heard and raised my head towards the door.

There he is, with his charming yet a silly smile that can warm up even the deep ice in Antarctica.

Unknowingly, my lips arched up into a wide grin. Anyone can see the happiness in my eyes.

"I might not be coming; I'm sorry." I smile apologetically and walked up to him.

God, why the hell is he so handsome!

"Not even when I ask you to?" He leaned to my side in a dramatic way like how certified flirts would in old movies.

"And I should consider when you ask me?" I retorted back coyly and blinked my eyes at him innocently.

"Of course."

"Why so?"

"Because I'm Cacao Ned Almond."

"Still not enough reason."