𝐞𝐧𝐝

11:26pm

11:26pm

1986, September 22 Monday

Hawkins, Indiana

Byers' Residence

will and troy have been dating for the past months already. every week they'd go on at least one date and he'd enjoy himself. last week, they went on an ice cream date and will had been thinking about it ever since. troy was understanding and patient with him. it was perfect. he was happy and he liked it.

though, there had been something bothering will. dating troy was nice but it felt like there was something missing. their relationship didn't feel right. sure, they liked each other but will felt like this wasn't going to work much longer.

in every date, he'd think about someone other than troy. it wasn't intentional, this person always just did. will didn't want to admit it, he knew he liked someone else. it just didn't feel right. will wasn't close with the others anymore either. ever since he and troy announced their relationship, they just kept slowly growing apart.

he wanted to go back to them, but he knew doing that can hurt troy. though, leading troy on will only hurt more. he knew it was time to break it off.

thoughts ran through will's head, until he grew tired and his eyes slowly closed.

12:34 pm

1986, September 23 Tuesday

Hawkins, Indiana

Hawkins High School

will was waiting for troy on the gymnasium bleachers. he asked for troy to meet him, to finally break it off. will was scared, he didn't know how troy was going to react.

he was playing with his fingers when he heard the gym door creak open. he turned to see troy heading in, while jogging towards him.

will's hands tighlty gripped the whiteboard behind him. he had already written the things he wanted to tell troy: how much he appreciated him, how much he enjoyed being with him, how much he liked him, and finally the fact he wanted to break up.

troy sat next to him with a smile. it was nice seeing him smile, but knowing that will go away after reading this hurt will's heart. with a sigh, will handed him the whiteboard.

he knew this was the right thing, it was better than leading someone on. will watched as troy's eyes moved across the whiteboard.

will saw a tear drop onto the whiteboard. troy's hands tightly gripped the board. "so, thats it?" troy said in anger. he threw the whiteboard across the gym which made will flinch. the boy raised his hand at the scared boy.

will closed his eyes and covered himself with his arms, waiting for the hit. when he didn't feel one after a while, he looked back up seeing mike holding troy's hand back.

"what the fuck? let go of me!" troy said in annoyance.

"let you go and let you hit will?" mike said, and pushed troy out of the way. "fuck no!"

when troy was lying down on the floor in pain, mike quickly checked on will who was shaking in fear. mike patted will's hair and pointed out to the doors. he held will's hands and ran out of the gym, then out of the school.

by the time they were outside, they were both panting. mike was lying on the ground with the back of his hand on top of his eyes. mike laughed as he saw will also tired.

he sat up and patted the grass next to him, asking for will to sit next to him. will followed and sat down.

mike pulled out a scrunched up piece of paper and a pen out of his pocket. he wrote something on the paper, as will watched in curiousity. as he finished he gave will the pen, to which will accepted.

mike folded the paper in half and gave it to will. his hands were shaking from the nervousness while handing the paper to will.

mike looked away as will opened it. the paper said:

I know it's not the right time to ask this, but when it's the right time.
will you be my boyfriend?

□ yes □ no

will smiled at the paper and used the pen he was given. he quickly ticked his answer and folded the paper back. will tapped mike who was looking away and gave him the paper and pen back

with shaky hands, mike opened the paper and saw a box ticked.

I know it's not the right time to ask this, but when it's the right time.
will you be my boyfriend?

| × | yes □ no

end

a/n
i made a rushed alternate ending cause yk the ending before was terrible💀
anyways sorry for my lazy 12-13 year old self. here u go😭😭 hope u enjoyed???

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐤𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥 (𝐛𝐲𝐥𝐞𝐫) 🎉