𝟎𝟎𝟔

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔

𝐥𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐧𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠

1:36 am

1986, March 13 Thursday

Hawkins, Indiana

Byers' Residence

i hear the drums echoing tonight

will was sitting on his bed staring blankly at the walls of his room. his walls were covered in his drawings and one jaws poster nearby his door. two lamps making a soft glow around his room. he had figurines on his side desk some fallen over, some standing neatly. his bookshelf messily stacked with all of his graphic novels.

but she hears only some whispers of some quiet conversations

will was lying down under his blankets, bored. he didn't feel like he wanted to fall asleep just yet. so he decided to the one thing he loves doing, drawing. he got up and looked in his drawers trying to find some pens and paper for his sketch. will sat back down on his bed and started sketching mike's face, to his facial features and to his hair. will couldn't stop thinking about his new friend. he knew it was wrong because mike had a girlfriend and that mike didn't even like boys. will didn't know if he really did like mike or not. he didn't know if he was just confused or clearly not as straight as he thinks he is.

she's coming in 12:30 flight

i can't like him. he's a boy and so am i. everyone would torture me for liking him, will thought negatively.

the moonlight wings reflect the stars that guide me to salvation

but i don't understand the feelings i feel towards him. i've never fallen in love with someone. sure i've had attractions but not like the way i feel towards mike, will thought as his sketch processed in the middle of his deep thinking.

i stopped an old man along the way, hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies

will started sketching himself a few inches away from his sketch of mike to look like he was staring at mike from afar.

he turned to me as if i say, hurry boy, it's waiting there for you

if i never would've met them i wouldn't have had any feelings for him at all. he thought.

it's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you

will drew drops of tears streaming down his face with his favorite dark blue pen and added blood pouring down from his drawn on stabbed wound with the red pen located in his pencil case.

there's nothing that a hundred or more could ever do

will sketched more and more until tears started welling up in his eyes. why me? why did i ever have to like someone who i can't get. someone who won't ever look at me and just say... "wow i wish i was together with him" his negative thoughts ran faster than a bolt of lightning. tears drop started splattering down on the sketch he has made.

i bless the rains down in africa

as will finished his sketch he takes a step back and stares at the multiple feelings put together in the paper he messed around with. will has realized something when he drew that sketch.

he definitely wasn't as straight as he thinks.

a/n

well here is another one of my filler chapters. btw will wasn't listening to the song i just typed it in cuz like why not. also i know that the chapter is short and that i didn't do the whole song of africa but like i'm lazy and it's currently 12 in the morning here and i still have school tomorrow. i'll go edit this chapter and the chapter before this when i'm free or something because like... i'm kinda lazy right now soooooo yeah. anyways cya in the next chapter maybe?