Part One

Build's POV

               I did it again, I knew better than to think he'd ever see me as something other than a friend. We'd known each other for a long time and it was always the same thing every time we hung out and he was between girls. He'd smooth talk and flirt and my mind would automatically go to all but planning our wedding and then the next thing I knew he'd be in another relationship and I'd just be "Build, his closest friend." I knew Bible didn't mean anything by it, he was irresistible to be around by anyone who'd ever met him. He had one of those magnetic personalities that drew people to him. I knew I'd been staring too long at him and his newest conquest, Anya looked over at me and smiled.

"So Build, tell me everything there is to know about Bible, he likes to keep secrets from me."

I offered her a warm smile and leaned closer towards her, "What is it you'd like to know? I know everything." I peeked at Bible to catch his reaction. It was too subtle and quick for Anya to have noticed but I knew what it meant. It meant he wanted me to play dumb and ignore her questions. I chuckled and glanced back towards her. "There really is nothing to tell when it comes to Bible, what you see is what you get."

"Defend your friend, I get it. Don't worry though he won't be able to hide things from me for long."

Bible just smiled quietly and nodded. He was getting irritated with her already and it wouldn't be long before he either broke up with her or ghosted her. Pity, I kind of liked her spunkiness despite the fact that she was an obstacle between me and him. But who was I kidding, I knew he'd never look at me like that so why bother. We finished our meal and went our separate ways. It wasn't even seconds after I'd walked into my apartment, my phone vibrated letting me know he'd texted me.

"Ugh, why couldn't you just ignore her? She wouldn't leave me alone with all her stupid questions."

"Why don't you just be honest with her and tell her you are a man whore that only wants one thing, get what you want or get turned down and leave it at that?"

"OUCH! That hurts."

"The truth normally does."

"What's wrong with you anyway? You haven't been acting normal for a few weeks now. Did I do something to you?"

"Nothing you need to worry about, I've just had a lot on my mind."

"Dude come on, you've always told me everything."

Well wasn't about to tell him that he's what's been on my mind. Tomorrow was day one of me starting to distance myself from him. I was wasting myself away waiting for him. I deserved to find someone who wanted to be with me and not just be my friend.

"Seriously, DUDE, it's nothing. We'll talk tomorrow, I'm tired."

I walked in my bedroom and laid the phone down beside me on the bed. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, I hadn't even realized they'd formed in the first place. I was a mess and I knew tomorrow was going to suck. Bible could always tell when I was off and he wasn't going to let things go until I told him. My screen lit up again and I held it up.

"I'm glad you're in my life Bui. You're one of the most important people to me. I don't know what I'd do without you."

SHIT. Why was he being like this? Tomorrow was really going to fucking suck.

**The Next Day**

"BUI! Over here."

He'd spotted me as soon as I walked into school the next morning, Bible was sitting beside our friends Apo and Mile, eating breakfast like always. They'd only been a couple for a few months so we had to deal with them still being in the honeymoon phase of their relationship. On the other side of the table was our friends Big, Bas and Pol. Apo whispered something to Bible earning him a elbow in the ribs and resulting in Bible blushing. I sat on the other side of Bible and grabbed his breakfast and started helping myself to it.