Part Six

Bible's POV

Even after all these years, Build still wanted to play games. I hadn't truly expected him to be at Mile and Apo's house. When I'd talked to Mile on the phone he said that Build was out with his son on a field trip to the park and the normally were there for a few hours. That would have given me plenty of time to talk to them, give them the invite and get out of there so I wouldn't have to see him. I did truly care for Praya, but it was nothing compared to how I had felt for Build. He was the only person I'd ever truly loved before, Praya and I hadn't been intimate other than hugging, holding hands, and a few kisses here and there. Every time I thought about it an image of Build popped into my head. When he fainted, I forgot all resolve and was the first person to rush to him. I all but started crying when he didn't wake up immediately and Mile had to pull me aside and all but slap me out of it.

"Get it together man, he's just passed out. I'll call our family doctor and have him looked over to make sure he's okay. Geez, you still act like you're in love with him."

I stopped in my tracks at his words. Were all my old feelings coming back already, with one look at him. I stood back while they carried him into his bedroom, confused as to why he lived on their property. I knew I was hovering when the doctor finally arrived but it didn't matter how hard I tried I couldn't stop myself. Finally Apo dragged me out of the room, shut the door and locked it. After what seemed an eternity they finally re-opened it and told me I could go inside. Apo grabbed my arm before I could make it all the way in.

"Be nice to him, no matter how he acts, he's been through a rough couple of years. He went through a spell a couple of months after graduation, he still hasn't told us what happened but he hasn't been the same since. Pai helps, that's why they spend so much time together."

"Why wouldn't I be, it's been years since I've seen any of you. The past is in the past, I have someone knew in my life and I'm happy."

"You can say what you want to, but you actions are telling me something completely different."

"I was worried, I've known Bui my entire life almost, why wouldn't I be worried if he suddenly fainted. I'd have reacted the same way if it had been your or Mile."

He gave me a look that said 'yeah right', but let go of my arm and walked out of the house.

I took a seat on the only chair in his bedroom and waited for him to wake up, I hadn't even realized I'd fallen asleep, until I was jolted awake by him suddenly moving around on the bed.

"Take it slow Bui, you hit your head pretty hard."

He didn't look in my direction at first, his eyes were trying to get adjusted when I was suddenly blinded by the brightness from his bedside lamp.

"Why are you here Bible?"

"Wow, nice to see you too. It's been what 3 years and you're still acting like my name is poison in your mouth. But to answer your questions, I'm here because I've only been in Thailand a few days and I wanted to check in on all my old friends to see how everyone's been doing. I'd stopped by your parents but they said you weren't living with them and you were living with Apo and Mile. I wanted to see you, we were friends for a long time so it didn't feel right if I came back and didn't try to see you."

"Glad you're back. I hope you had a good time with your travels. Where did you go, what did you see? Meet anyone interesting?"

"Actually I did, I can't wait for you to meet them. We've been together for about a year now, I'm going to introduce her to my parents tonight at dinner. I've already invited Mile, Apo and Prapai, would you like to come too, I know my parents would love to see you and I really want you to meet her. She's the first person I've been upfront and honest with, I wasn't trying to be old Bible, I was trying to be the new Bible and show her who I truly was."