Chapter 6 / episode 13

Melody p.o.v

Lately I've been spending a lot more time with Jake, I'm not complaining, I love it. But ever since we saw Starling crying on camera on the news and well.. everywhere.. it hasn't been the same.

He doesn't want to rush into things because I think he still has some lingering feelings for Staring.

In the meantime there's a new person at our school, and he seems to really be taking a liking for Amy.

All I ever hear is her complaining about him, and I'm pretty sure she has a crush on him. Good for her, he does look pretty cute. Just not as cute as Jake, in my opinion.

Also, Hartley has a crush now too. She likes this guy Decklen.. Amy and I think he's kind of fishy, but I just let it slide because a lot of people in this town are weird.

He was nice when Hartley, Jake, Decklen and I all went on a hang out last weekend.

But ever since he met Amy he's been acting very strange. I just can't put my finger on it.

"Guess what, I got an A today." Amy says to us happily. I grab the paper and Jake and I are looking at it. He frowns and my face lights up. "Hey! I was looking for this test." I say to her.

"I found it!" She says back to me and Jake shakes his head at me.

"Hey Melody! Amy..." Brian says to me as he passes by us with Decklen.

"Hey Hartley." Decklen says as a fake love aura surrounds him.

Jake looks at Brian and then at me with his eyes narrowed. I feel Jake touch my arm as if trying to show that I'm his, Even though I'm not.

"What time should I come over tonight, for our project?" Brian asks me and after Jake heard that he immediately speaks up. "Actually, Melody was going to come over to my house tonight to hang out. So maybe another time.." Jakes eyes are dominant as he looks at Brian.

"Uh, excuse me.. who are you?" He asks Jake, Jake doesn't take this lightly, and the boys start arguing over me.

"Okay, guys.. chill." I say to them loudly as the whole table watched in amusement. The boys stop arguing and look at me.

Decklen looks at Brian and shakes his head, "let's go." He says and waves at us. "Bye Melody, bye Angel." Brian says as he winks at Amy, Jake and I.

"That guy is a total player!" Jake says clearly disgusted by him.

"That guy, has a thing for your sister.." I say to him and Pat him on the shoulder. He looks at me shocked then fixes himself. He chuckles to himself and says "oh.."

I roll my eyes at him and I get up. "I need to get to class." I noticed Decklen at his locker and I head towards him and he kind of just suspiciously looks at his desk. Just blankly looking at it as if he is waiting for something.

I decided to wait by my locker.

I waited a few minutes and it was soon just Decklen and I. I notice him looking around the room. I was surprised he didn't even look over at me.

"This is occulan to Onxy. Hav-" he stopped when one of my books hit the ground. I startled him...

"Melody! Uh, did you hear that?" He asks me and I sheepishly smile. "Hear what?" I asked him trying to play dumb.

"Listen Melody, I don't know who you are but. I have a good feeling you know why I'm here.. So don't play dumb with me." He says to me threateningly.

I look at him confused. "What?" I say and act innocent. "Hartley told me that you're new here.. where did you come from?" He asks me and I gulp.

"Uh, why does it matter to you?" I ask him and he shakes his head as he backs me up to the lockers. His face is inches away from mine. I could feel is warm breath on my skin. It made me feel so uncomfortable.

"HEY! Get away from her." Amy shouts and pushes Decklen off me.

Decklen stumbles away, and shakes his head. "Whatever, I'm out of here." He says and walks the opposite direction as us.

"Oh my god, Mel what happened? We have to tell Hartley about this. I knew he was bad news!" She says to me and I nod my head.

"What did he say to you?" She asks me again and I just pretend that I'm too stunned to talk. "See, I knew skipping class would come in handy one day." She smiles at me happily. I nod my head and she walks me to my class.

-

I knock on the door for the first time. This was the first time since I wiped their memories. The door of the Madden family...

Within a few seconds Jake opens the door and I see his brother and dad and a sign that says "congrats on your first day."

"You must be Melody, my son talks about you non stop. It almost feels like deja vu." His dad says to me, he extends his hand to shake it and I shake his hand. I smile at him.

"Good things I would like to assume." I say to him and he laughs. "Of course." His brother says.

"Alright well, we're going to go up to my room so.. don't wait up." Jake says as he grabs my hand.

We go up to his room and he closes the door behind him. I sit on his bed and smile at him. "Do you think I would look good with a curly mustache. You know like the ones on pizza boxes?" He asks me as he touches where a mustache would be.

I get up and look at him and giggle. "Jake, you would look good in anything. But just so you know, I don't like mustaches." I say to him and he nods his head and puts his hands on my shoulders.

"You're beautiful, you know that? I'm so glad we're friends." He says to me and I look at him with hope until he says the 'friends' part.

"Of course!" I say to him and smile sadly. I sit back down on his bed and he sits next to me and we end up talking for hours again.