Chapter 7 / episode 14

Jake p.o.v

After my family totally just roasted my dad, he announces that he's going to apply to be a full time teacher.

"Dad really? You think this is fair for us!" I say to my dad and my sister and brother agree

"Well too bad." Is all he says and we all roll our eyes, even my mom does too.

"Anyways, in better news. I have created something that if anyone finds out our villain secret, then I will give them this memory erase gas." My dad says while showing us a blue and red liquid in a tube.

I think to myself I could tell Melody my secret and if she doesn't react a good way. I Can just us that! ... NO! I can't do that to her. Ugh

"What's wrong Jake? You look like your fighting with yourself in your head? Thinking about me again?" Amy asks me and I roll my eyes at her.

"Nothin..." I say and quickly look away.

"I'm so nervous for my 2nd day at the round up. I'm surprised I haven't been fired yet, but the manager does tell me to work on my costumer service. Ugh, bullocks. Plus we have a mystery shopper." My mom says to us and I got a bright idea from that.

"Well mom, guess what! Melody and I got a work study job at the round up, and we start today! We can help you with your costumer service skills." I say to her and smile.

"Oh great, who's Melody? Don't tell me she's another one of your girlfriends. I've already met too many of those..." she replies back and Amy and Colby laugh at that.

I roll my eyes, "she's just a friend. It will be fun! Come on mom, let's go." I say to her as I get her off her seat and push her to the front door.

"Great, just what I need. Two teenagers of the opposite sex 'just' friends.. oh wait! This is delightful! Instead of putting the guacamole on the costumers I can just do it to you! Let's go!" She says and now I'm not dragging her anymore.

I sigh and follow behind her.

—————

Melody p.o.v

"Oh you want me to refill your drink? You haven't finished this one yet." Jakes mom goes back and forth with a silent customer.

"This is sad to watch.." I say to Jake and he sighs and nods his head.

"Should I?- Mom that's salsa!" Jake cuts himself off to go and help out his mom. I follow behind him and cross my arms.

"Sorry she's not good with uh.. people. We'll get you a new one." Jake says to the poor man who just got a salsa drink.

The man silently walks away and nods. We all give him an awkward smile.

"Well, it's okay Mrs.Madden.. some people like salsa to drink. Like my grandmothers best friend. Salsa can do her no wrong.. well.. until she gets to the bathroom... that's a whole nother story.. heh." I shut up after that because his mom looks at me with that fake smile and pure disgust.

"Charming she is." His mom says to him and Jake laughs awkwardly. "Melody, right? Jake told me about you. Said you were his friend. How nice." She says to me and I smile nicely.

"Yes, I'm Melody, or you can call me Mel, or M. Haha.." I say trying to act cool. She shakes her head at me. "Right..." is all she says.

"Mom, the mystery shopper will be here any minute now. What's a way you'll handle that?" He asks his mom and Jake and I look at her hopeful she will say something nice.

"Dump salsa on his head." "No." We both say in unison, "dump soda on his head." "No." "Dump nacho cheese on his head!" "Close but no." I say and Jake ends with. "You can't dump anything on his head okay.."