A Blessing Or Nightmare (2.1)

'TaeMoo ssi, Is Cha ShilJang there? If his there please tell him to come to Seoul Hospital as soon as possible.'

Confused and startled at HaRi's worried tone of voice, TaeMoo arches his eyebrows and glances at the obviously panic strucked SungHoon.

'I was visiting YoungSeo in her office for lunch and she... she suddenly collapsed out of no where.'

Without any explanation or further conversations. Cha SungHoon had rushed out the door leaving his boss slash adopted brother behind calling for him to wait up.

Jin Youngseo is rushed to the hospital after Shin Hari finds her unconscious in her office. Her fiancee, Cha SungHoon rushes to the hospital awaiting either a good news or bad news. 

---------------------------------------------------------------

'Do get me updates from the research team about that new product we're develop----'

Kang TaeMoo paused and suddenly turns around after getting no response from his usual swift secretary aka best friend slash adopted brother.

Seeing how SungHoon hadn't even noticed his boss yet, it only meant one thing.... something was bothering the usually responsible and alert Secretary Cha which was very unusual. 

Tilting his head in half concern for his friend and half annoyance as his boss. TaeMoo claps his hand, startling the silent and frozen male.

'Oh!!! Jwesong Habnida, sajang-nim....'

Arching his eyebrows, Kang TaeMoo tries to read SungHoon's face as to figure out whether the male was going through either a bad or good situation.

Sighing and turning his leather arm chair around to face his secretary, Kang TaeMoo sets down the document that he was reading and crosses his arms in front of his chest. 

'Is something wrong?'

"Neh!!? Why do you say that sajang nim?'

TaeMoo scowls and slightly rolls his eyes as he replies with his low tone. 

'I've literally been calling for your attention for the last few minutes and you've been so out of it. Now, I'll be the understanding older hyung... tell me, what's up SungHoon ah.'

Sighing and conceding, SungHoon finally spills on what's been bothering him since the morning. 

'Well... you see before I left home this morning... YoungSeo wasn't exactly feeling very well. She threw up after smelling the soup then she threw up again after finishing breakfast. I'm just worried since I haven't had any call from her since she went in for a meeting with a bunch of investors and what's worst is that she always calls me during this hour.' 

Not exactly the best at comforting and reassuring someone, TaeMoo glances at his watch and sighs. 

Just as he was about to free SungHoon for the day to let him go check on his fiancee (considering his never really saw the worried expression from Cha SungHoon before). TaeMoo's phone rings and he quickly answers it after seeing that it was in fact from HaRi, his girlfriend. 

But before he could even speak, HaRi's concerned and loud voice echoes through the office and no one was more panicked and paranoid than Cha SungHoon himself. 

'TaeMoo ssi, Is Cha ShilJang there? If his there please tell him to come to Seoul Hospital as soon as possible.'

Confused and startled at HaRi's worried tone of voice, TaeMoo arches his eyebrows and glances at the obviously panic strucked SungHoon.

'HaRi yah... breathe in and out, now tell me what's going on and why Cha ShilJang has to go there. Did something happen?'

HaRi was obviously worried and panicked just by the tone of her voice but regardless, she still did her best to remain calm and explained everything through her phone.

'I was visiting YoungSeo in her office for lunch and she... she suddenly collapsed out of no where.'

Without any explanation or further conversations. Cha SungHoon had rushed out the door leaving his boss slash adopted brother behind calling for him to wait up.

SungHoon could swear he felt his heartbeat drum through his chest. Rubbing his now sweaty hands, SungHoon just wanted to see his fiancee badly. But despite being stressed and alarmed he still tried his best to maintain a calm composure.

TaeMoo had insisted that he drove them both since SungHoon was pretty distracted and worried to even focus at that moment. Also, TaeMoo would not want to end up in a car accident especially since he still had to propose to HaRi soon. 

Immediately after arriving at the hospital, SungHoon and TaeMoo rushed to the 18th floor where they met the worried HaRi whom was pacing alone on the bright white wall hallway. 

'What exactly happened!!?' 

Sighing and massaging her temples, HaRi starts to unburden herself of the events that happened exactly 2 and a half hours ago. 

EXACTLY 2 AND A HALF HOURS AGO ; JIN YOUNGSEO'S COMPANY

'Good morning Ms. Shin, Would you like me to escort you up to President Jin's office?'

HaRi grins and shakes her head as she thanks YoungSeo's personal secretary for the offer. 

'Good morning also to you Lee ShilJang, but no thanks.... I know the way anyways. I brought lunch for YoungSeo, she must be in her office right?'

'Yes, feel free to enter... She has been busy working since early in the morning and I was so worried because she came in looking so pale that I was actually just about to go out and buy some nice hot porridge for her. But since your here, I'll leave her to your care then.'

Concerned for YoungSeo, HaRi swiftly thanks the female and rushes to the elevator to check on her best friend.

Nothing did prepare the female for what she was about to see.

As she opened YoungSeo's office door. HaRi's eyes widen at the sight before her.

There lay Jin YoungSeo... Unconscious on her own office floor.

Throwing the bag of food and her purse to the floor, HaRi shrieks and kneels down to try and gage what had happened to her friend.

Eventually, her loud voice had somehow managed to echo through the whole floor hence YoungSeo's employees were able to still go and help HaRi carry their boss down to the car.

BACK TO PRESENT

'And so I quickly drove here.... She didn't seem to have any signs of fever so I was so confused to see her laying there unconscious..... The doctors wheeled her in to check what was wrong and that was like 1 and a half hour ago. I haven't even heard from them yet.'

Before SungHoon could ask any questions or anyone else could speak out a word.

A female doctor suddenly exits the room where YoungSeo was taken in earlier.

SungHoon rushes towards the lady and asked for YoungSeo's condition in a worried tone.

But the doctor simply starts smiling from ear to ear, the middle aged lady grinned and finally greeted the trio.

Speaking in a soft voice, her odd question startles them.

'May I ask whom among these gents is the husband of our patient?'