A Blessing Or Nightmare (2.3)

A little while later, SungHoon had fallen asleep beside his fiancee after standing guard and watching her for the first few hours. Youngseo squints her eyes open as she tried her best to adjust to the room's bright lighting. Realizing that SungHoon was right beside her and holding onto her hand, the female although confused at the situation that she was in beamed into a wide smile as she stroked the sleeping male's hair to wake him. 

SungHoon jolts up after feeling her hand, smiling softly at her. The male spoke in a groggy but deep voice.

'Gwaenchana? Are you feeling a bit better now?'

Youngseo nods and returns a sweet smile, but after looking around the suite room. She tilts her head and asks the main question that's been bugging her since she woke up. 

'Geundae.... why am I here? All I remember is being at my office and then I sort of collapsed. Did the doctors say anything? It was all because of my lack of sleep right?'

Still smiling widely at his fiancee's adorable and worried expression, SungHoon held on to Youngseo's hand and leaned down to leave a sweet peck. 

'Yes and no'

Even more confused at his vague answer, Youngseo scowls and nudges for him to continue. 

SungHoon figured it was about time to tell Youngseo of the great news, and without a moment's hesitation, the dashing secretary proudly announced the news that the doctor broke to him exactly just 3 hours ago. 

'Youngseo yah... No matter how much I think, you should probably start thinking of getting a early leave from work soon.... let me take over the company for you as substitute for the time being.'

Noticing the frustrated slash confused expression on her face grow and grow, the male continues. 

'The doctor met me a while ago and it's true that you collapsed because of stress and overworking but.... it's also because you have been carrying a little precious bean all this time around and it's added to your stress and exhaustion.' 

Youngseo had to take in what SungHoon had just told her, after all she was still in dazed mode. But after fully getting the whole picture and understanding what he had meant, her eyes widen and she turns to her fiancee with a half shocked and also thrilled expression. 

'You---you mean to say that.... I'm pregnant?'

SungHoon didn't even need to say anything more right after, his action afterwards was already a clear answer to Youngseo's question. 

The male had leaned forward and engulfed his fiancee in a warm embrace. 

As they enjoyed the silence and comfort of the warm atmosphere that was lingering in the air. SungHoon  affectionately leans forward to peck her forehead, after that he spoke in a soft tone. 

'Gomawo Youngseo yah..... You just made one of my wishes come true. I'm going to be a father and I couldn't have asked for a better mother than you. The heavens have blessed me so much since I met you, I get the woman of my dreams as my one and only partner for eternity and we're having a baby. Since that's the case and you'll obviously be having a hard time for the next few months ,feel free to make me your secretary this time around... I promise to do my best for you and our baby.'

Youngseo had already started to tear up at his warm words and open declaration of love. She too, couldn't have asked for a better partner.... and to think that she was actually pregnant and a living fetus was actually growing inside of her... Jin Youngseo couldn't have asked for a better blessing for her and SungHoon. 

After exchanging gentle pecks and warm hugs, SungHoon continues and tackles on his plans for their future for the time being. 

'I think we should do something about living arrangements for now but before that, we might have to go meet harabeoji and my mother and tell them personally of this news....'

Although a bit hesitant to continue, Sunghoon looked into his fiancee's eyes and knew what she was thinking. Her father had cut off connection with her since she had formally resigned from her position at Marine Group. Chairman Jin was a cold and very much arrogant man to begin with, there was no other way to convince him of their union other than to let time past and let fate melt the old man's heart somehow. 

Eventually deciding not to bring up her father, SungHoon naturally continues what he was saying and lays out the plan for now since it was much appropriate for them to have their wedding much earlier now considering she would start to show once she hits the 5 or 6 month mark of her pregnancy. 

There was a mix of happiness, excitement, nervousness yet also sadness in the announcement that they would be expecting a new member for their family but now.... the news of a baby on the way has formally been done.... it's now time for the next step for Cha SungHoon and Jin Youngseo.... Clearly, Kang Taemoo wasn't that amused that his younger brother was number 1 when it came to settling down and all the romances stuff but despite that... he was still happy for SungHoon. After all, SungHoon had always wished for having his own complete and happy family one day... and here it was. 

Author's Notes:

It took a bit too long to update due to personal reasons and real life but here's another 3 shot for Line Couple fans out there. Currently writing another one shot and will soon release it 🍀✨💖💐

Happy Reading Y'all

-🍑