A Blessing Or Nightmare (2.2)

Speaking in a soft voice, her odd question startles them.

'May I ask whom among these gents is the husband of our patient?'

Confused and dazed the trio looked at each other for a few second before SungHoon breaks the silence by raising his hand and uttering an reply.

'I'm not yet her husband... But I am her fiancée.'

Nodding after understanding his reply, the doctor smiles and focuses on SungHoon.

'Now... There is no need to be too worried yet. I'm about to tell you something you might be much more delighted about.'

Tilting his head in confusion and with a frustrated plus worried expression on his face, SungHoon tightly clenched his hands and turns around to nod at both TaeMoo and HaRi before proceeding to follow the doctor into one of the consultation rooms.

Fumbling with his fingers once they were alone, he takes a seat and patiently waits for the doctor to finally drop the results.

'I can assure you that Ms. Jin is not in any way sick...'

Letting out a heavy breathe, SungHoon nods and adamantly asks for the reason as to why she had fainted.

'Thank goodness for that but... She's been feeling unwell these days and to top that off.... She even fainted now, what's really going on?'

The doctor gently smiles as she holds out a small white document and with a bright tone, she breaks the long awaited news to SungHoon.

'Well... The information written on that paper will basically tell you why she's been feeling under the weather these days. I assume she also doesn't know yet but...

Mr. Cha, congratulations!!! You, sir......are going to be a father in 8 months.'

It was a pin drop... It honestly took SungHoon a good 1 minute to take in the doctor's words.

Breaking the silence in the small clinic, Sunghoon had to make sure he heard right and asked the doctor to confirm again.

And with that, the middle aged woman chuckles and nods with a bright smile.

'Yes, Mr. Cha you did hear right.... I did just tell you that your fiancée is very much pregnant.'

SungHoon could swear he was so tempted to do somersaults inside that cramped room after hearing the news. He was feeling all the surge of emotions at that point... Happiness, worry and more. He just couldn't believe it was actually happening to him.... He was about to become a father....and he thought TaeMoo would become a father first.

After taking in the good news, Sunghoon switched back to being worried as he asked of YoungSeo's condition.

'If she's pregnant then why did she faint? Is that a side effect?'

The doctor gently shakes her head and answers his questions with a calm tone.

'I believe Ms. Jin doesn't really know yet that she's carrying a life inside of her hence I suspect she's been overworking herself and stressing herself out... I see it in many cases, straining yourself is one of the big no no's in pregnancy.

I advise that she take it slow starting now and get tons of rest... She may be discharged today after she wakes up. I did check on her a while ago and she seems to be sleeping well for now...'

Handing SungHoon a sheet of paper and a small photo, the doctor smiles and continues.

'This is a few vitamins and supplements that I prescribed for Ms. Jin to take in a daily basis.... It will be good for her.....and that's also your copy of the first sonogram of your fetus.'

Scanning the paper and smiling at the doctor, SungHoon stands from the chair and bows his head thanking the woman.

'Neh, kahmsahambida seonsaengnim for this.... I'll definitely buy them for her. We'll visit again soon.'

After a few last small talks, SungHoon exits the room with a wide smile plastered on his face.

Immediately, he was surrounded by a frantic Hari and slightly worried Taemoo.

'So!!? What did the doctor say? Is YoungSeo okay? Is something wrong with her or may---'

Hari's ranting was cut short as SungHoon smiles and immediately presents the small black and white photo that the doctor had gave him a while ago.

Silence lingered in the air for a few seconds until Hari and Taemoo's eyes both simultaneously light up and the empty hallway echoed with Hari's shriek which she immediately covered as soon as she realized she was still in fact in the hospital.

'YoungSeo's pregnant!!? Oh my gosh!!! Congratulations SungHoon ssi, your gonna become a dad.'

Taemoo grins and pats his best friend/ brother's back. But it wasn't Kang Taemoo without his odd declarations and boastings right? Leaning closer to SungHoon, Kang Taemoo smirks and whispers with his typical 'bossy' tone pretty much declaring boldly.

'You may have become a father before me... But that just means I will have to get married first.'

Not even bothering to respond to Taemoo's competitive comments, SungHoon was too happy to even care about the slight scowl on his boss/ brother's face. After asking for a half day leave from Taemoo, SungHoon leaves both Taemoo and Hari to go and finally see Youngseo in her room.

Youngseo was still sleeping at this point and all SungHoon could really do for now was to look after her and wait for her to wake up patiently. In the meantime, as he reveled in the silence of the private room, the male was already imagining and internally mapping out living plans for the future and such, considering that this time around....there would be an addition to their already young family.