Initiation (Tw// Slight Abuse)

A week went by without anything from Jeff. Sage laid in wait the whole time, anxiety taking over her body like a nasty virus. She had even been throwing up from it. Luckily, she told her new family that she just wasn't feeling good. Things at school were going fine, and she found herself just drifting through it and placing all her free time doing homework to distract her mind from everything else. She was now a straight A student, before all this she was a rough C student.

Michael had been trying to hang out more, but she had to decline every time due to the warning she had been given by the killer. She was running out of excuses at this point, which led to her agreeing to hang with him on Saturday once more. So now she stood in front of her full length mirror, clad in nothing but a bralette and underwear. Her ribs were now protruding, her thighs no longer touching, the old scar tissue and new ones sticking out all along them. She looked deathly sick, and she couldn't even process how Michael still found her pretty.

She shivered and threw on some jeans, which were now a bit too baggy on her, and an oversized sweater. She threw her satchel over her shoulder and headed downstairs, throwing on her converse and grabbing her keys. Her parents were gone again, and her siblings were on a trip with their grandparents - to which she kindly refused to go, saying she still had a shit ton of homework to catch up on. She passed by a little mirror that was by the front door and decided to throw her hair up in a messy bun before leaving the house.

Sage: I'm omw, see you at the coffee shop soon!

She sent it to Michael as she turned the car on, cranking up the heat and heading towards the town. It only took a few minutes before she was parking, walking in and noticing the man sitting at one of the table in the corner.

"Hey!" She said, a smile on her lips as she sat down, setting her bag down beside her.

"Hey, looking gorgeous as ever."

"Don't flatter me, I know I've looked better."

"Hm... no, you still look stunning!"

Sage smiled and shook her head as a shiver ran down her spine again, but she wasn't that cold anymore. Her hair stood up on her neck and she glanced around. Nothing.

"Michael!" A barista called out.

He excused himself and went and picked up two lattes, one of which he handed to Sage.

"Let's catch up, it's been a minute since you've been busy."

***

She was pulling up to her house when she noticed the front door was slightly open. Her heart began racing, lungs trying to find oxygen as she stepped out. Her parents' cars weren't in sight and she knew who it was.

She quietly made her way into her home, closed the door until it clicked softly, and peered around, seeing no one. Next, she moved upstairs, trying not to let out loud breaths. Her door was cracked open and she knew she had closed it behind her like she always does. She took one more deep breath before opening the door and seeing none other than Jeff sitting on her bed.

"It's about time, thought you would never return from your little 'date' with that asshole," he spoke, his voice too calm as he sat up and stared at Sage.

"Wh-Why are you here?"

"Awh, I can't just come over and hang out?" He stood, crossing his arms.

Sage didn't respond, opting to slowly start backing up, hoping he wouldn't notice. He cocked his head to the side, and as soon as he took a step, she booked it, running down the stairs, practically flying down them. She went for the front door, but there was someone standing there, a man who seemed built like Jeff, in an orange hoodie and mask. She hopped over the railing and ran towards the back door, again, a guy, but this one with a yellow hoodie. He seemed to be staring at her, she froze, then turned on her heel and went to run, but someone had her by the hair, a forceful grip that she was sure could descalp her.