Dream a Little Dream of Me

The weekend with her new family was amazing, to say the least. They went on Saturday to a giant mall where she went on a shopping spree with her little sister and new mom, while the boys looked at sports gear. They spent too much money, but they didn't seem to care. After the shopping, she was taken to her new school where she met the principal and got to see her new school, which she started on Monday. It was very nice and large, and the clubs and classes seemed amazing!

Sunday, they had to go to church, but they said themselves that they weren't very religious but wanted to be part of the community and such. They even told her she didn't have to go. Sage decided she would go whenever she could since she knew she would be packed with school stuff. 

Everything seemed to be okay, Sage told herself that she should be happy, that she had these amazing people in her life, but how could she even be the slightest bit happy knowing her real family was gone and the killer was still on the loose? She was forcing herself to be okay, to make herself seem as happy as possible.

She didn't think she was ready to go to school, but she didn't want to fall behind, so Monday morning she woke at 5:45 in the morning and began to get ready. She had chosen her outfit last night so she would have extra time to get ready and eat breakfast. The outfit was one of the newer ones that she got when she went shopping. She chose black skinny jeans that had rips in the knees, an oversized red and black flannel with a black ACDC shirt underneath, black converse, and a choker. She had always loved the tumblr grunge look. She put her hair in space buns and did her makeup simple.

She grabbed her satchel, having refused a new bookbag since the satchel was a gift from her parents on her sweet 16, and went downstairs. It was almost seven by now, so the other kids were awake and dressed. Clara and Jacob were sat at the table eating while her new parents were bustling around, getting ready for work.

"Oh! Good morning, Sage! Sorry, but we already have to leave. We know you have your license and such so the keys are on the table, your car the blue one in the garage. Only arrangements are that you have to drop the kids off at school!" Christine said, kissing each of the children, even Sage, on the cheek or forehead before heading out with Aaron on her tail.

Everything had happened so fast that Sage couldn't believe she had had her own car. Before she had been saving for a car but now she didn't have to! She smiled a bit before grabbing the keys. "If you two hurry up, we can grab a quick breakfast and some coffee at Starbucks if you'd like!" She offered the two. They looked at each other before rushing to grab their stuff and putting on their shoes. "Okay! Let's go!" They said excitedly, heading out to the garage.

Sage ended up being a minute late to school due to there being a long line at Starbucks and having been laughing and talking with her new siblings. Her first-hour teacher didn't care though, knowing it was her first day. He did, however, make her introduce herself to the class. She shyly did so, before being told where her spot would be; which ended up being by a window on her right, and on her left some quiet kid who gave her a small smile, which she returned.

The day went by smoothly, so far enjoying her teachers and classes. She even made a new friend named Andy! (A girl). She picked up the kids after school and dropped Jacob off at football practice, and Clara off at her friends. Which meant she would be alone at home since her parents didn't get off till seven. Her fingers drummed nervously on the steering wheel, not liking the thought of being alone so soon after all that happened.

She made her way home and let out a slow breath, preparing herself mentally, then getting out and walking up to the house. She slowly walked in and quietly closed the door, heading over to the living room where she gently sat her satchel down by the couch, then sat herself down on the sofa. She turned on the TV so it wasn't so eerily quiet.