Make it up to me || Xicheng

This. Is. Smut.
It's been like 9 months since I've posted but I was looking for xicheng fics and I can't find ones that aren't discontinued 💀 so I'm feeding myself and hopefully you too

---

Everyone knew of Jiang Cheng's personality. Cold, hard and stubborn. Naturally when it was revealed to the world that him and the esteemed Zewu Jun were in fact cultivation partners, the second thing people thought of after the initial shock of them being cutsleeves was their clashing personalities.

Jiang Wanyin? The bitter Sandu Shengshou? And Lan Xichen? The warm jade of Gusu? Who would have thought? Is there a curse that jiang disciples are set to marry Lan disciples?

Despite all this, and despite the twos healthy relationship, the rumours were correct. Of course with clashing personalities, those two happened to have fights often. Nothing huge, but always enough to earn a solid hour or two of silence between them. Only to be broken normally by Lan Xichen slowly reaching out to hold Jiang cheng's hand and ask for his forgiveness. And sometimes in the rare case that Jiang Cheng would tug on the other's robes and mumble an apology.

Tonight was different though. Jiang Cheng crashed into his room he was staying at in the Cloud Recesses, angrily throwing his stuff to the ground. A banquet held by the Lan sect had just ended, in celebration for Lan Xichen coming out of his seclusion. But Jiang Cheng was angry for an unrelated reason.

Soon after he started yelling as he smashed stuff around the room, Lan Xichen quickly followed the noise into his room and shut the door hastily.

"A-Cheng, please!"

"Don't you sweet talk me! I saw everything!"

You see, there had been a woman closely watching Lan Xichen that entire night. Both him and Jiang Cheng had noticed, one choosing to ignore it but the other silently gritting his teeth as he watched the woman eye up his husband. But this was such a joyous occasion, the last thing he wanted to do was ruin this night for Xichen, so he stayed silent.

Soon the banquet was over, as boringly long as it was. Unbeknownst to Jiang Cheng, the woman had called Lan Xichen out of the banquet.

"Where is that man?" Jiang Wanyin grumbled as he searched around for his partner. He turned a corner into a courtyard and saw the two mingling. A strike of lighting bolted through his heart as he saw Xichen giggling at something she had said with a grin on her face.

"He was supposed to come with me to my quarters tonight.. Why is he here?"

Suddenly all Jiang Cheng saw was red, as the girl held on firmly to Lan Xichen's arm and pulled him down for a kiss.

Everything broke. Jiang Cheng's eyed widened and he felt the world crash over, like a wave had hit him. He stumbled back against the gravel on the ground, and the two on the other side of the courtyard heard the sound it made. The maiden seemed shy, seeing someone had observed her gutsy move. But Xichen felt horror as he saw the face Jiang Cheng had made before he bolted back to his quarters.