Chapter 4

The day of the wedding had finally arrived and I was eager to see the face of the man I would be married to.
I took a shower and slipped on some underwear before putting on my dress. It was a mermaid dress with long sleeves that went beyond my wrists a bit with a wide neck. The design on the lace was quite intricate as well as the belt that glittered.
I was looking at myself in the mirror, I didn't apply any makeup since I didn't own any. I stood still admiring the dress when Aunt Theresa's words suddenly rang in my ears. She had spoken to me earlier telling me to never let Alessandro see the scars on my back. She had also told me that to Alessandro, I am their only daughter, Bella. Marion and Luca would be attending the wedding as my college friends. Tho, I never got to complete college. Aunt and Uncle had me drop out midway.

It was time for me to head down. I was about to leave my room when Marion walked in.

Doesn't she ever get tired? She could at least spare me today.

"Feeling all pure and pretty?" She laughed walking towards me.
"A worthless orphan trying to find happiness. You'll never be happy Bella. Leaving this house, is like jumping from the frying pan right into the fire. Alessandro doesn't lo-"

"Marion, that's enough!" Aunt Theresa interrupted her but it was too late. The damage had already been done.

What did she mean by jumping from the frying pan and right into the fire?

"Bella. Let's go." She added looking at me. I followed aunt out of the room my eyes never leaving Marion. We got into a Black Audi parked right in front of the house. It was just my aunt and I in the car and the ride was silent. Aunt was busy on her phone while I stared blankly out the window. I hardly ever left the house so my eyes were practically glued to the tall buildings and people walking around.
Soon the car came to a halt in front of a beautiful greenhouse and my aunt stepped out first. The first thing I noticed were the security guards. They weren't many but you could spot them stationed strategically at different corners of the building. She talked with uncle Aldo for a while. I had also noticed the car Luca and Marion came in right behind. They both stepped out of the car and walked into the church followed by Aunt Theresa.
Not long after, Uncle Aldo opened the door for me and I stepped out. I stared at him, hoping to see the man I once called my uncle in his eyes. He never insulted or treated me the way Aunt Theresa, Marion and Luca did, but he didn't attempt to stop them either, so he was no different from them. He looked back at me with indifference before holding out his arm. I linked mine with his and we both walked into the greenhouse.

I felt a pit in my stomach as we entered the green house. My eyes scanned the place. It was beautifully decorated, to an extent tho. There weren't many people and still I didn't know half of them in attendance. The more I looked around the more I realized I had little to no say in this wedding except for my dress. This wasn't how I dreamt of getting married. I never got to experience real love. I didn't get a romantic proposal nor did I get to have my own bachelorette party with my friends.

It's not like I have friends anyway.

I was still lost in thought when I felt a bigger hand take hold of mine. His grip was cold and I was quickly brought back to reality as my gaze met with that of a man whose eyes seemed distant. His face was void of emotions and his blue orbs stared back at me, his intimidating stature made me move back a bit. He was Alessandro. He helped me onto the small pavement before the priest after which the priest began the ceremony.

"We are gathered here today to witness the joining of two lives. Marriage symbolizes the union of two people and today's ceremony, signifies the beginning of a beautiful journey you both will experience as husba... an...w..." The priest words suddenly became muffled. All I could hear was the blood rushing through my ears. The millions of thoughts running through my head at once. I stared at Alessandro blankly, taking in his features. He was indeed a handsome man but his demeanor was cold like he wasn't interested in what was going on right now. Everything about him from his slicked back wavy hair, stern eyes and his defined jawline screamed haughty. The priest continued.

"Do you Alessandro take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, for richer or poorer, for as long as you both shall live?"

"I do." He replied. His voice was deep and controlling. It sent a shiver down my spine. I looked at the ring on my finger. It was a prefect fit. How?

Marion, now beside me, handed me a beautiful gold ring.

When was this even bought?

The priest turned to face me and he asked.

"Do you Bella, take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband? To have and to hold, in sickness and in health, in good times and in bad, for richer or poorer, for as long as you both shall live?"

It was my turn to say I DO, to a man I only met today.

Miss?

Miss Bella?

I felt a hand squeeze mine, bringing me back to reality.

"I.. do, I do." I said sliding the ring down his own finger.

The priest stifled a laugh. "By the power vested in me, I now pronounce you man and wife. You may kiss your bride." He said and Alessandro slowly leaned in planting a kiss on my lips, my first kiss, which didn't last longer than three seconds. The few people in the church bursted into a round of applause.

Mrs!
*******************

His Collateralजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें