ONE - nicknames

y/n's pov

"wake up, n/n!" gwen whisper shouts, careful not to disturb our alcoholic father.

"five more minutes please?" i ask tiredly.

"y/n blake, if you don't get out of that bed right now, i will beat your ass five times as hard!" dad yells. i quickly jump out of bed, while gwen runs out. i throw on a beige, longsleeve turtleneck and jeans.

i walk quietly to the kitchen and grab a piece of bread.

"n/n, what did i tell you about waking up late?" i hear my dad ask, picking up his work bag.

"don't do it. sorry dad." i apologise.

"i have to head to work, don't be late to school and don't get into any trouble." he explains. "goodbye.." he shuts the door before any of us could even say bye.

"so, gwen, any new dreams?" finney asks, eating his cereal.

"no.. they don't mean anything anyway.." gwen says.

"hey, dreams like yours don't happen often, they have to mean something. i can feel it." i encourage, rubbing her arm.

"y/n, can we wait out front of the school when we get there, i want you to meet my friend." finn asks, holding my bag due to a game of rock paper scissors. it's a little game we do to see who has to carry whose bag for fun. gwen had spotted her friend amy and decided to walk with her.

"you have friends?" i scoff.

"yes, i do!" he laughs, nudging me harshly with his elbow. i wince slightly. "sorry, i forgot about your arm." the other day, dad hit me because i forgot to wash the dishes. in all unfairness, he literally told me to go do my homework before that.

"it's all good. anyways, who is this friend you're talking about?" i ask jokingly.

"it's robin arellano."

"THE robin arellano? The toughest guy in school? i don't believe it." i gawk in disbelief.

"it's true! i'm not joking!"

"i've never spoken to him before, is he nice?"

"in his own way." i ask more questions about arellano as we walk the path to school.

i always catch robin staring when i walk through the halls. i just think he's too chicken to ask for my name.

i wait at the front of the school with finn, looking for robin. the next thing you know, we hear someone yelling boo and finn screaming like a little girl.

"did you just poop your pants because you screamed like a little girl." i tease.

"shut up, y/n!" finn groans.

"what's up, finney!" robin smiles, "who's hermosa here?"

"that's my sister, y/n."

"hi, thanks for the compliment," i laugh.

"you know spanish?" robin asks.

"yeah, i literally sit three seats across from you?"

"why, what did he say?" finn asks.

"nothing." robin smirks. i look at my watch. 8:40.

"school starts in fifteen minutes, i have to go find donna." i announce, winking at finn. "cya!"

i hear them say goodbye as i walk into the school doors.

finney's pov

"someone has a crush on donna." robin smirks, nudging me.

"you shouldn't be talking, considering you're trying to play cards with my twin!" i say, blushing red.

"chill dude, i was kidding." he laughs,walking into the building with me.

"about flirting with my sister or me liking donna?"

"figure it out, finney boy."

"what's that supposed to mean?" i ask, opening my locker and getting my math book. just then, the bell rings.

"saved by the bell, cya finigan." we walk our separate ways and i see donna and y/n walking past. donna's smile drives me crazy.

y/n's pov

we hear the lunch bell ring and everyone crowds the hallways. i walk past three boys who seem to have it out for finney all the time and try to ignore them.

they chase up to me and walk inches behind me. "so who are you screwing now, loser junior?" the red-head asks. to be honest, i never cared about them much, less wanting to know their names.

"where's that little bitchy sister of yours?" one of them laughs. i turn on my heel and inch closer to them.

"say one more fucking word and i'll kick your ass. you don't have the right to talk about me or my family that way so i suggest you stop wearing your ass as a hat and go fuck yourselves" i threaten, using my knee to kick him in the balls.

i begin to walk to the cafeteria again, before hearing their footsteps chasing after me. shit. i begin to run faster, careless of how uncomfortable and itchy my turtleneck is.

as i look back, i accidentally bump into someone.

"sorry!" i squint.

"no worries. what's the rush?" robin asks. i try to run away but he wraps his hand around my wrist. they boys eventually find me, standing there.

"it's them, now let me go, robin." i yell.

"no, no." he says. he walks closer to the three of them, them backing away slowly. "if you got a problem with her, i'll fuck you all up, dipshits."

they all begin to run away and i start to walk away but robin catches up with me.

"you didn't have to do that y'know? i've known you for like 3 hours." i insist, grabbing a cafeteria tray and walking along the line.

"yeah, but running away isn't going to solve your problems. you're a lot like finn."

"was that an insult?" i joke, the lunch lady plopping mash potatoes and gravy onto my tray.

"no, mi amor." he apologises, both of us leaving the line with our food. "i'm saying be the bigger person, do it for me, we're friends!"

"fine, but if we're friends, you'll have to cool it with those nicknames." i state, walking towards the table finn's at.

"no can do, mi amor."

"especially that one."

"hey, i know what that means!" finn says, eyeing robin. he rolls his eyes and we all begin to eat our nasty lunch.