FIVE - shit talkin

y/n's pov

I WALK INTO the kitchen, noticing dad had already left for work. i let out a breath i didn't realise i was holding and walked to grab an apple.

"not hungry?" finn asks, shoving his homework into his backpack.

"not really.." i frown, rubbing the apple on my dark jeans. "any new dreams gwenny?"

"yeah, but nothing much." she replies. she takes the last bite from her toast and dusts her hands. "it was robin getting into a fight. if it does mean something, we should probably bring the first aid kit to school."

"i will," i insist, crunching on the apple. i run to the bathroom with my backpack. i open the top cabinet, grab the small, white box and place it in my bag. i walk back to the kitchen to see finn doing the dishes. "y'all wanna head out now?"

"wait, who's holding the bags?" gwen asks. we all play rock paper scissors, me losing almost immediately. "hah! sucked in!" finney laughs at her remark as we leave the house.

as we walk on the pathway, robin catches up to us.

"morning guys." he smiled calmly, "why are you holding so many bags, hermosa?" he asks.

"lost the rock paper scissors match." i reply.

"here let me take one." he takes gwen's bag off the front of me and swings it over his shoulder. we walk past all the houses, gwen waving to some of the home owners and petting some dogs.

we make it to school and we hand finney and gwen their bags.

"it's friday and i'm staying over at susie's tonight so-"

"we know, we know. you can go now." finn smiles. gwen waves goodbye and walks into the building. i see finn looking into the distance and i point my eyes to where he's looking. donna. of course.

"look who's staring at his girlfriend" i smirk, nudging him on the shoulder.

"she's not my girlfriend!"

"keep tellin' yourself that. i'm gonna go talk to her; something you have no experience with." i joke, approaching donna happily.

"see ya, puta!" robin yells, causing me to flip him off.

"you so like my twin-brother!" i tell donna, who's a blushing mess.

"i don't! plus isn't it girl code not to date your bestfriend's boyfriend?" donna asks.

"fuck girl-code, if you marry my brother one day, we're going to be sisters-in-law."

"cool, but i'm not going to marry him!" she argues. i roll my eyes and look towards the area finn and robin previously were.

"what the hell is going on over there?"

"if i had to guess, it would be your boyfriend, fighting someone." donna teases.

"yeah, yeah, i need to go check this out. i'll see you in english, alright?" i ask. she nods and i walk over to the small crowd.

i push my way through to get the closest view of robin. he was fighting moose and finn was nowhere to be seen. coward.

robin kicks him in the face causing moose to fall down.

"fuck you, hijo de puta!" robin yells, punching him in the nose and mouth continuously.

i watch the deputy principal try and push her way through the crowd. i walk into the circle, grab robin's arm and drag him into the school.

"mi amor, i wasn't done with him!" robin whines, releasing from my grip.

"yeah? well mrs janet was trying to get through so i pulled you out, now come on!" i drag him into the closest bathroom, which was the boys bathroom but i didn't care. he sat up on the sink as i turn my bag around and pull out the first aid kit.

"you just carry that around?" robin asks.

"i just had a hunch." i lie.

"hey you, this is the boys bathroom, get the fuck out." someone spoke up. as i wipe his knuckles, i look up at him.

i can see robin eyeing him, which made me kinda scared too. "leave." he says coldly. the next thing you know, everyone in the bathroom flees, without washing their hands.

i pull out the rubbing alcohol and put some on a cotton swab. "this might sting." i warn. i place it on his knuckles and he winces. "shit, sorry."

"all good, mami." he says, furrowing his brows.

"that's new." i laugh. "now what were you fighting about this time." i say, pulling out the bandage tape.

"moose was just shit talking."

"about who?" he stays silent.

"he was talkin shit about you. calling you a slut and a whore." robin mumbles. not going to lie it kind of hurt my heart.

"well you know, i could've kept on going with my life if you didn't do anything about it." i persist, wrapping his other hand in tape.

"well you should know i wouldn't know what to do with myself if i didn't do anything about it." robin corrects, jumping off the sink.

"but seriously i don't need you fight my battles." i add. "promise me you'll try not to fight anyone anymore?" holding his hands in between mine.

"i can't promise anything." robin pulls me in for a hug and kisses my forehead.

"shoot, the bell's about to ring." i alert, staring at my watch.

"want me to walk you there?"

"i'll be fine on my own."