Chapter 10: Kidnapped

——————————🧹——————————

Allison and Max flipped through the spell book to see if they could help Binx, still not noticing the the beam of golden light coming from the book.

"Oh, listen to this. 'Only a circle of salt can protect thy victims from thy power.'" Allison read.

They were interrupted by a screeching noise, as Binx jumped on the book, closing it, making Max and Allison jump in fright.

"We were just trying to help you." Allison explained.

"Well, don't! Nothing good can come from this book. You got it?" He scolded, before scampering off.

"Maybe we should go." Max quietly suggested.

Allison nodded in agreement. They placed the book down on the stairs that lead up to the tower, and exited the room.

Max poked his head into his parent's room and peeked in. "Mom? Dad?" He called, only to receive no answer.

"They're still not home. That's weird. Must be having a great time." Max shrugged.

"I don't know. Something's not right." Allison confessed as she made her way downstairs, Max following after her. "I'd feel a lot better if we had some salt while walking home."

...

Max hopped up on a step stool and opened a top cabinet and dug around, before pulling out a container of salt.

"Salt." He announced, and dropped it for Allison to catch.

Max hopped off the stool, and looked at Allison, who was reading the container.

"What's it say?" Max asked.

"It says, 'Form a circle of salt to protect from zombies, witches, and old boyfriends'." She joked.

"And what about new boyfriends?" Max asked.

Allison's smile slowly dropped as she gazed at Max. The two slowly started to lean in, their lips centimeters from touching.

*CRASH*

The sudden noise made the two jump back. Max glanced upstairs, where the noise had come from, and then looked back at Allison.

"Dani." He said.

The two races out of the kitchen and clamored back up the stairs.

"Dani!"

They burst into Max's room and didn't see anything unusual. Dani and (Y/n) were still seemingly under the covers.

Max took a step forward, and Allison grabbed his arm.

"Max, the book is gone!" She exclaimed.

Sure enough, when they looked at the spot where they left it last, it wasn't there.

"I'm telling you, something's weird." Allison mumbled.

Max was starting to get worried, and made his way over to the lump in the bed.

"Dani, (Y/n), wake up!"