Chapter 35 - Unwavering Rush

After hitting my back on the ground, Reimu assists me in getting up my feet again, it would seem I was transported to another wagon thanks to a certain gap youkai, but at least I've reunited with my temporary boss, alas it seems like this wagon like many others, continues on forever without having anything particular about it besides the occasional encounter with dark fairies.

"So, where have you been?"

"Oh uh- about that." I consider telling her about meeting Okina but chose only to mention the part where her servants came to aid us. "Right after I was struck down by Chen, Mai and Satono came to help me and led me to Kasen and Marisa, only to get interrupted by Yukari who came to talk to me."

"You met her!?"

"Yeah, fortunately it didn't seem like she came to me with the intent of fighting, not that I was confident I could win in the first place. We were all one step short of her, will likely take some time till the lunarians can come to our aid."

"Sigh As if we didn't have enough on our hands... No use crying over spilled milk I guess, chin up. I'm feeling a powerful aura ahead."

I nod back in response and ready my knife, knowing Reimu I doubt she would enter into the enemy's domain with caution so I ready myself to jump into the next wagon right after her. After breaking the door with a powerful kick, Reimu and I step into the carriage only to be met with a gigantic moon being thrown at us. With her keen senses and my enhanced physique we manage to dodge the fearsome celestial body that was slinged in our direction and confront a big fairy holding a torch.

"Oh you dodged that? How about this!" Before I even had time to ask questions, we were bombarded with a barrage of lasers and bullets coming from the fairy waving a torch around, I do my best to avoid the attacks that seemed lethal, yet still get hit on all parts of my body while attempting to move forward.

"Ryan! Whatever you do don't stare into her torch!" Reimu hurriedly exclaims while having trouble of her own trying to dodge the mass of attacks. I try my best to advance while both dodging and looking away from the torch like Reimu told me, but I know far too well that I can't stand this for too much longer without using my trump card, I choose to gamble on an attack to hit the stationary fairy and shout at Reimu to assist me.

"Hey Reimu! Give me a barrier for a few seconds!". I can hear her audibly clicking her tongue but I know that she would follow up on my plan. I stand my ground and begin to gather my strength into the knife, while Reimu threw an array of talismans to my front, granting me enough time to see my idea to fruition. "Let's do it again... Just like she did back then..." I aim my knife towards the fairy and perform a stabbing motion, in that instant my knife extends and reaches the fairy's body, piercing her stomach and returning back to its original shape, we press the advantage and rush to the weakened fairy, only to be stopped by an upstream surge of divine energy.

Emerging from that stream was a blonde woman with a moon on top of her head wearing extremely tacky clothes, "My my you've really roughed up my little fairy didn't you?" Just her pressure alone was enough to thwart me in steps.

"So you've finally shown yourself, but I assume you didn't just come here to rescue that servant of yours have you?"

"You would be correct shrine maiden, this shall be your final stop!"

We ready ourselves once more but to our surprise, we hear a familiar voice coming from behind.

"Kept you waiting huh?" Yorihime appears and instantly dashes towards our foe, clashing against her with unparalleled swordsmanship. "I shall keep Hecatia occupied, my sister awaits you on ahead, make haste!"

"Right on, follow me Ryan!"

"Not so fast!" Hecatia exclaims while blocking our path with a wall of surging energy whilst blocking Yorihime's advance, I step in front of Reimu and cut the magicks that stand in our path.