⌗001 - what the fuck ; where am i?

↯↯↯↯

↯↯↯↯

It was a long and tiring day and All I wanted was to leave the small cafe I worked in. I was all alone for the most part; only a few people would come in every five minutes or so — but I wished they didn't. If they had just left our not-so-known cafe shop alone and instead went to the Starbucks opposite, i would have been able to go home early. It was now around 7:20pm and it was my job to close down the cafe for the night, it wasn't my favourite job to do since it meant I would have to walk back to my apartment in the dark.

A small, fragile girl alone in the pitch black; it was asking for a man to come and grab me. Of course, while I wasn't tall It would be lying to say I was short. But I'm definitely not fragile, that was something that I could admit proudly. I mean, I was probably the only person on Earth who could manipulate Ice.

A man with fluffy brown hair came through the door, the bell rang to signal that someone had entered, I raised my eyes to glance over at him before mentally preparing myself to speak; for a barista who's always taking orders, I'm still scared shitless of them, "Can I have a tall flat white?" He idly asked while taking his credit card out of his phone case. It was clear — the phone case — and had a photo of him and I guessed his mum on it. Or how the people say it here: mom.

I pull out a tall paper cup, they were actually really sturdy, normally paper cups mush together when you put hot water in them, a lot like paper straws, "I'll get on it now, that'll be 2 dollars please," I absentmindedly repeated the sentence I've said way too many times in my life and flashed the boy a smile. He looked around my age and his hazel eyes stood out against his face.

I flushed my thoughts out and clicked my tongue against the roof of my mouth before turning around and making the flat white. My movements were completely muscle memory and it was done in a minute or less. I made a note in my head to send a text to Harry, my boss, that the hot water machine was playing up a bit. It was old. Like very old, I bet it was older than me but it worked, for most people. Sometimes we'd have to go behind into the staff room to use our hot water instead because it was playing up too much. Oh, I'm rambling.

I handed him the flat white and he gave me a grin, "What's your name?" He inclined his head. Oh. Oh. Okay. Okay. Wowza, what do I say? "I'm Delilah, and you?" Was that okay? It's too late now anyway.

"I'm Danny, Danny Smith,"

"Hi Danny," he laughed at my words, oh no, have I messed up?

"Hi Delilah," he repeated back and then looked at the clock behind me. "Oh, I've got to go," he passed me a slip of paper before leaving; the bell above the door rang as he opened the door. I looked at the clock and read 7:32pm. Oh, I'm late to close. I took my time as I walked to the door and switched the sign that said 'open; please come in!' to one that said 'closed; come see us tomorrow!' They were a bit corny but I loved them.

I quickly grabbed my black Vans backpack and the keys before heading out the door and locking it behind me. The streets of New York were busy and everywhere I turned something new would be happening; a culture shock I experienced when I moved from the countryside of Wales. It was not a understatement that it took me a long time to adjust and if it wasn't for Hailey, I doubt I would have been able to do it.

"Miss! Miss!" Someone who sounded incredibly young yelled and I instinctively turned my head to make sure they weren't getting kidnapped, even if it wasn't me they were calling too. It was a young boy who was getting dragged into a dark, narrow alley. A very suiting place for a murder. Everyone passed him pretending they couldn't see him wailing for help; How disgusting. I immediately walk-jogged to the boy and the large, intimidating man who I then knew at that point had a very sharp knife in his hands. This is probably not going to end very good.

Oh well. Yolo?

"Step back from the kid," I tried my best to act scary and mean; I don't think it worked since the man darkened his glare, "you bitch, get away before I kill you alongside this pip-squeak," he growled. Wait, Pipsqueak. Do people actually behave like this? I thought it was only in movies. Now that's cringy.

I had never actually fought anyone with my powers before so I didn't know exactly what to do. I raised my hand getting a raised eyebrow from the man. I imagined his hand holding the knife become submerged in an ice cube and low and behold; it did, the man froze in fear as he looked at his hand and the knife that were now both caught in a thick ice block. I took the initiative again and froze his feet so I could grab the boy from the man's grasp and bring him out of the alley and into the busy street. No one batted an eye at our sudden appearance. "You o—," I got cut off, "how did you do that?" He asked. His eyes wide in wonder. Oh. How do I explain this one?

"What do you mean? I didn't do anything, now run along to the police station to find your parents," I had sleep to get too and I couldn't just stay awake for an extra few hours just to find the boys family. He looked to be around thirteen. He's probably independent enough. He sighed and nodded before running off, "I'll keep it a secret," he yelled giving me a wave as he disappeared in the crowds of people.

"Thank you," I whispered back to no one.

↯↯↯↯

Shit. Where the hell am I? I glanced around the empty streets frantically to try find an exit. The street was void of houses, lamps, people and anything you could think of. It was just grey walls everywhere. Not even one of those minimalist mums would like this.

"Hello?" I yelled and nothing replied, "hello?!" I repeated. It must've activated something as I was now back where I was before I randomly turned up in that weird place. Except it felt different. There was an overload of something and my body was ecstatic about it. It was urging me to use my power; it felt like it was telling me that I'm stronger here.

I took my time to look around. It was now a lot more obvious that I wasn't in my home world as there was a massive billboard that had a photo of Robert Downey Jr's face in a iron man suit alongside, 'Tony stark; good or bad?" And underneath, 'look on "thedailyBugle" to find out'

"What the fuck," I immediately stated catching a few odd stares that I didn't care about. I was in the same world as the Avengers. The same people who have abilities like me. Well, not exactly. I don't know anyone who could control ice in the Marvel cinematic Universe.