⌗002 - Steve Rogers ; my old man

↯↯↯↯

↯↯↯↯

It took some time for me to settle down with the fact I was in a different universe. What about my job? Oh, and my family. New York was still the same though. There was still a small, hidden street where only the true locals knew of, That's where the kids played. Of course, New York still had its staple billboards; except with the superhero's on it instead of the Apple or WhatsApp 3d ones.

If I were to be honest, I didn't remember much about what happened in the movies. All I knew was Tony Stark got kidnapped or something in a... desert? And Then he came out of an ice cube... even though it was a desert, I think. No — that's Steve Rogers that was in an ice cube. Okay, maybe saying 'didn't remember much' was an overstatement, I didn't remember anything.

"You okay there miss?" An man who looked to be around thirty. . . Or maybe forty said and took me out of my mindless thoughts. I had to do a double take when I realised he was talking to me. Maybe people in New York were nicer in this Universe? I quickly realised I needed to answer, "ah- I'm sorry, no, wait. I'm alright thanks sir," I apologise profusely as my face goes bright red; I've never been one for conversation. At all.

He shook his head and gave me his hand, what am I meant to do with that? "It's alright, I'm Steve, Steve Rogers. What's your name?" I shook his hand quickly before bringing my hand back to my waist.

"Hi Steve—," wait a damn minute. Is this the Steve Rogers? I paused for a moment to decide if I tell him my real name or not. "I'm. . . Delilah," I chose to tell the truth. I can just tell him a fake one if we meet again. Y'know, cuz I don't have a job anymore and all that. Oh gosh, I never thought I'd have to resort to stealing from Walmart of all places. Maybe while I'm at it I should borrow things from some high end shops. I never thought I'd say those words; I've turned into a rebel. I'm so glad my parents aren't here with me right now.

"That's a very nice name," he warmly smiled at me, "you look a bit lost, you okay?" I hadn't realised when but we had moved from the middle of the pavement to the more remote far side. Anyways, I didn't realise I looked that lost, "uh, yea actually. I wanted to escape my past life and decided here would be the best place. But. . . Ehem. I didn't, uh, get a job or a place to stay," I lied through my teeth somehow doing a better job than I thought I would.

He nods in head in understanding, "I see, hmm, I wonder if. . . I could ask," I muttered to himself, "hey Delilah? Not in a rude way but what can you do in a job? Depending on what you say, I might know one," Was he talking about Tony Stark Industries? If he was, I can't do anything physical for my life. "I can make a cracking drink?" I inclined my head and laughed nervously.

He narrowed his eyebrows, oh no. That doesn't sound good, ". . .cracking?" He asked and I slowly nodded, "does that mean bad?"

"Oh god no! It means great!" He let out a 'oh'. Is that good or bad? "I'll ring him when I get home. What's your mobile phone number?" Steve pulled out a pen and paper out of his pocket which somehow felt so fitting for him. I repeat my number which still had the British area code. Steve stared at it, "You're from England? I thought your accent was not American," he nodded and placed the paper and pen back In his pocket, "uh, no. I'm from Wales," his eyes widened. Oh no. Good or bad?