Prologue

Sometimes you meet people and you instantly know they came into your life for a reason. After that, you don't reason much with yourself, your feelings or your heart.

You dream they become a part of your life — a part of you.

But that is exactly where everything went wrong in my story. I saw him and after that I couldn't take my eyes off him until I feared looking into his eyes again.

You believe you know someone until you realise that you never knew them from the very start.

The people you knew do not even take a second to become the people you don't.

The pain you feel then is obscured.

You can't tell what hurts more: them turning into strangers in a matter of a few seconds or you pretending you never knew them.

You hate them, but can't stop your heart and your body from craving for them — yearning for their touch and that is when you lose this game where rules are what he makes, where winning was never an option where losing was your fate.

And everything you knew about yourself becomes obscure.

Where losing yourself is the only way to find yourself and where everything you thought was the truth turns into an undeniable lie.

But soon you realise that the only truth about this world that you needed to know was — everything in this world was obscure.

*****

Just like his name Arcane Vesper is not just difficult to understand, but a complete mystery in himself

Just like his name Arcane Vesper is not just difficult to understand, but a complete mystery in himself. He is 23, but instead of hormones, darkness ran in his blood.

Desired by all, he desired none. His uncanny aura and unapproachable personality was enough to keep ladies far away from him until one day the queen of the campus jumps over all the walls he had created around himself and enter his life like an unexpected rain on a starry night.

Drenching him in his darkest desires, she didn't realise that some walls were not meant to trespass — ever.

Amaya Raven Darkfield is 22 and the sunshine of the college. But no one except Arcane could understand that the light she radiated wasn't the sunshine, but the light from a solar eclipse — cursed, dangerous, harmful and obscure.

Nothing about their story is simple. Their love, their desires, their motivations, their truth, their lies... everything is uncertain. There are layers to them they hide and conceal.

A story of darkness meeting darkness. There could be only two outcomes — they unite forever or they fall apart.

*****

A/N: Hello everyone, I am writing this story as a part of NaNoWriMo November 2022. I hope to complete this story by the end of November. Hopefully, I can update it as often as I can. There are trigger warnings in this story, red flags, flawed characters and basically everything might be dark. Hope I can win this challenge.

Copyright ©️ AM, 2022

This is the author's hard work and plagiarism won't be tolerated.

This is a work of fiction and the characters, settings and places are direct from author's mind. It doesn't intend to hurt anyone.

If you like the story, please vote, leave your comments and share with your friends.

Well, it helps the author make the writing process less lonely and keep their motivation high. Thanks for checking out this book. 🖤🖤