Chapter-3

[Amaya]

"What is an important thing about creating a video?" Mrs Olivia always started her classes with this question and every time she had a different answer.

There was a rumble in the lecture hall and everyone looked at one another.

The nerd of our class, Cardan Thorns, who always sat beside Cassy, spoke up. Today Cassy didn't come, so somehow we were sitting together.

"The value the audience gets by watching it."

"Excellent Cardan. The value that you provide to the people. Anyone else?" Mrs Olivia looked around. I covered my face so that she wouldn't ask me, but for some reason, I was her favourite student. "Miss Darkfield, do you have an answer?"

How could anyone have a different answer to the same question for two years?

"Umm. The value's important, I agree with Cardan, but the video quality matters too. I mean, after all, that's why we study the technology so deeply, so theoretically it's fine to add values to a video, but the quality and angle of a shot, basically a practical approach to video making is important as well."

I mixed up all the answers I had given to her.

"Excellent!" He said happily from her throat. "Practical knowledge is much more important in this field than theoretical knowledge. That is why our college has brought two sections together to create films. The literature and the film section. This year is your practical year. With the theoretical exams coming every semester, you'll be busy much more in gaining practical experience," she said, skimming her eyes above the frame of her spectacles that had slid to the middle of her nose.

Murmurs roamed around the room.

"We'll be creating films. Isn't it too early for practicals? I mean, there's so much left in the theory," Cardan whispered to me.

"Exactly. Maybe have some plan," I said. The hardest thing for me when I faked to be a perfect student was not being able to roll my eyes. Like come on nerd! Who wants theory when you are getting a blockbuster chance of creating films?

"Now, now. Settle down class. Your class schedules have changed and you will soon be notified through emails. You will be having a lot more practical classes with the literature section of the college who will come here or you might need to go to their building as per requirement..."

"But why are we collaborating with the literature section and not the sports section? We have some really handsome and fit guys there who are worthy of being filmed day and night," someone asked.

"Miss Diana Flames. To create a film, you need a story, and what could be a better place than the literature section to find them?" Mrs Olivia said. "Their project is to give you a screenplay and your project is to use any collaboration, outdoor trips needed to bring that story on the screen. The story will then be displayed in the annual function and the film that wins will bring a lot of opportunities for the ones holding camera, ones directing, the ones editing and the ones who wrote the screenplay."

"Oh! So, are we doing it in a group?" Cardan asked.

"Yes, mister Cardan. You will be grouped with the literature section people in the joint class that's after the lunch break today. So, I hope all of you will put your heart and soul into it," Mrs Olivia said with a smile.

Cardan looked at me. "Would you like to group with me? You can be an outstanding model."

I smiled, "I would love to. I bet Cassy would wanna join as well."

"Absolutely. Two of the most gorgeous ladies in my group, we will win," Cardan said.

"I should say the same." I chuckled.