CH21 YOU KNOW ME TOO WELL!!

“Abhimanyu, go do this by yourself. I’m not going with you.” Akshara held Inara to her standing at the main door.

“Really, after all that pep talk, you are going to do this again?”

Abhimanyu laughed. It was over a week since she saw Vikrant at Abhimanyu’s office, and he was invited back to the office with his father under the pretext of discussing their biggest deal.

“I don’t need to see them. I’d rather be with my baby,” Akshara said adamantly.

Abhimanyu moved his eyes away from Akshara to look at Seema, who stood behind her. “Give us a few minutes, Seema.”

Seema nodded and left them alone. “Baby, Inara will be fine, you know that. We’ve left her with Seema before, and when you have the opportunity to give back every piece of crap those bastards gave you, you want to miss that?”

“I know you’ll do it for me.”

“Yes, I will, but I want you to see it happen. I want all that scarring on the inside to be wiped out. Those bastards don’t get to leave a scratch on my dear wife. I won’t tolerate it.” His breath hitched with anger.

Akshara smiled at him and then looked at the baby in her arms. “Baby, Daddy and I are going out for a bit. Please be a good girl and take a nap after your breakfast.”

Abhimanyu smiled reaching down to kiss Inara and brushed his lips over Akshara’s lips taking her by surprise.

“Seema, you are in charge,” Abhimanyu called out, and the young woman came running back to take the baby into her arms smiling at them.

Abhimanyu smiled as Akshara gave Seema her instructions, the same instructions she gave every time they went out even if it was for a fifteen minute ice cream date that they had from time to time.

When she started repeating her instructions again, he reached out to take her hand pulling her away from Seema and wrapping his arm around her.

“Let’s go,” Abhimanyu urged, laughing at her annoyed expression.

“We still have time,” she whined.

“Yes, I want to stop and get my wife coffee before I bust some balls.” He gritted making her laugh.

Thirty minutes later, he pulled the car into the underground parking of his office building.

“Why did you invite his father?”

“Isn’t it easier just to take care of this in one shot, don’t you think?”

He raised a cocky eyebrow.

“What do you mean by ‘taking care’?”

“Well, it means you get back everything that’s yours, they come clean with everything they have done with the fake marriage, and then apologize to my beautiful wife for putting her through crap,” he teased.