part four

'Your Majesty?'

Elijah blinked as he heard someone calling him in a distant voice.

He wished the memory, one that reminded him every day of his fatal mistake, was a bitter nightmare. He should have listened to Cilla and postponed his plan to go to war, otherwise, she would not have met such a fate. He wouldn't have to live like a walking corpse.

His mind wandered off to the market, where he had finally caught a glimpse of his beloved Cilla. It had been 2 years since his happiness was snatched since his life was plunged into the darkness since he forgot to smile. But when he caught sight of her, just as beautiful and healthy as she had been before, the corners of his lips twitched upward without his notice.

Dimitra had informed him about her. He knew that she would come back, but now when she is back, it just feels so unreal to him. Though it had been years since he last saw her, touched her, and held her in his arms, he felt as if the moments were just yesterday.

Yes, he needed to get to Dimitra and get the answers to his questions.

PS: Yeah I know it's a tiny bit confusing, but I promise, it's only going to get better:)

Striding confidently through the palace doors, he discreetly snuck into the abandoned servant quarters located in the hallway just across the cellar. Inhaling a deep breath, Elijah closed his eyes and folded his hands. He slowly chanted the spell in a steady voice.

"Yekop ithu wmou yoh,

raleg thuermb CEKIT!"

The floorboards started creaking, and the room started swirling as the young king braced himself for the impact. Once he realized that he would pass out any minute, everything suddenly came to a halt. Cautiously opening his eyes, he breathed in a sigh of relief. There sat the spiritual goddess of the kingdom of Tastia, Dimitra knitting with her wrinkled hands. The prince was astounded to see how calm and undisturbed she sat knitting whereas he had just come through from a whirlwind of a servant's quarter room.

Elijah prepared himself and bowed down in courtesy. Dimitra looked up and smiled with amusement. "Greetings, Your Majesty. What brings you here?"

"I beg your pardon but I do believe that you are aware of the cause behind my sudden arrival."

"Very well. It's about time you visited here." She nodded knowingly.

............................................................................................................

"Priscilla has been re-born to complete the goals of her previous life, and of course, how long could a soul be able to stay away from her soulmate?"

Elijah's eyes started to tear again, remembering the precious moments he had shared with her. How elated he was, that his reason for survival had finally returned.

"But beloved King Elijah of Tastia, I must make you aware of the challenges you will have to overcome. Our reborn Priscilla no longer bears the memory of her past. She is unaware of her being the queen of this land, being the wife of a king who loved her immensely."

Dimitra watched as the King's face drooped down in dismay, his mind trembling at the prospects of the unthinkable.

"Can her memories return or are they lost forever?"

"Her memories can be restored, but it is quite difficult, and there is no certainty of the same."

Even if there was a slight chance she could remember her past and relive her memories. I will do my absolute all. I am ready to offer everything if that means my Cilla recovering her memories.

"Oh, you young lovers are quite a piece of work. I wish you all the luck in the world, dearest. Now, care for a cup of tea?"

Short chapter xoxo

I just wanted to publish another part since it's been a veryyy long time^^

Also, I wanted to clear up a confusion shared by many readers. The time varies in the modern time and Elijah's time, 10 years in the modern world make up to a year in his time.