part five

"This is such a lovely shop, my goodness. I am sure I could say the same thing about the food here." Priscilla commented, admiring how cozy and lively the restaurant felt.

"I am flattered," Zan sheepishly grinned. "Now, may I have the honor of serving m'lady to the renowned chicken soup of 'Tastia's Chicken Parasido' "?

Chuckling at his dramatic pose, the duo sauntered in only to be greeted with the aroma of freshly brewed tea. Priscilla's mouth watered at the sight of tender meat being chopped in the kitchen. She quickly headed towards the nearest table and pulled out a seat, her childish tactics making Zan glance fondly in her direction.

"Ted! Two bowls of chicken soup for Table 3."

Priscilla looked around the shop while Zan was busy discussing with his employees. I am going to need time to adjust here, this place still feels unreal. Unknowingly, she let out a wistful sigh. He looked at her and asked if everything was alright. She gave a nonchalant smile and nodded, not wanting to trouble the acquaintance with her thoughts.

The food arrived at last. Once more, her stomach grumbled, expressing the urgency of the situation. They both devoured the food, for it had been hours since they had a proper meal. Sipping on the hot chamomile tea, Zan and Priscilla agreed on some formal terms.

"I cannot convey how grateful I am. Thank you so much for letting me stay over at your house for the time being. I am ready to do anything to repay your kindness."

"Oh no, it's alright. I will be glad to have a companion, though I must point out that I am usually away at the palace. I leave early morning and arrive in the evening."

"I understand, surely. I'll take the responsibility of taking care of the house in your absence."

"Very well, Ms. Priscilla." They shook hands in a deal and Priscilla's face radiated, a new glimmer of hope shining.

-THE NEXT DAY-

Priscilla rose to the chirping of birds and the clopping outside. Astonished, she stared in confusion at the kingdom that had already awoken since dawn, her eyes darting toward the window. For a while she forgot all about it; her being suddenly teleported, Dimitra being mysterious, getting to know about this strange place. All that mattered was that she suddenly felt at home.

"Oh, I see you are up. Good morning miss, I apologize for rushing but it's time for me to leave for the palace and thus I won't be able to explain everything. I shall be brief. I have kept some breakfast for you in the kitchen. Please remember not to open the door to anyone, and also, do take a bath till 9 am as I cannot assure you of the timings of the water supply. If you need anything, you can reach out to Fredrick, the next-door owner, and let him know." Zan spoke out in less than a fraction of a minute and all that she managed to hear in her still-waking-up state was 'breakfast', '9 am', and 'Fredrick, next door'.

"Pardon?"

But he had already left and now, she was all alone in the cottage. Huh? Has he left already? Shit, maybe he meant that I am supposed to complete all the chores by 9 am! Dang it, I am freaking late!

Priscilla got up as quickly as she could, her legs getting tangled repeatedly in the sheets. She started with the chores, as Zan had instructed her the previous evening. Efficiently and swiftly, she completes all the tasks one by one. Looking proudly at the spotless house, she glanced at the clock which showed a minute to nine left.

"What am I supposed to do now?" She sat cross-legged on the floor, suddenly feeling a lot more tired. Her thoughts immediately went back to the quite complex and odd events that took place in Dimitra's house that day. She is certainly not what I had thought of her to be... Priscilla affirmed herself with this very prospect.

"I need to come up with a plan to get out of this sorcery crap. If that woman has brought me into this kingdom, then she must be the one who knows how to get me out of here." She stood up, determined to find a way. I need to grow familiar with this place so that I can figure out the mystery.

Through the crowded streets of Tastia, she wandered cluelessly. The kingdom never ceases to amaze her with its beauty. It felt as if she was thrown back into the times when fairytales were alive. A group of children was playing in the mud, their adorable giggles making everyone smile. One could notice the amount of love and peace among the natives, with everyone helping one another. There were antique pots and pans, traditional dishes, frilly gowns with intricate designs, and much more!

Standing at a distance, she watched the crowd as people of different ages, different genders, and different colors danced together. There wasn't any synchronization or graceful steps. They were all just having fun, laughing and singing to their hearts' content. An unexplained yearning to join in the merrymaking aroused her, but she hesitated. I just came here. Would these people want me to participate? They all seem pretty close to each other while I am a mere intruder... Taking a step backward, she was ready to turn around when a youngster ushered her in with a wide grin.

ELIJAH'S POV

Disguising myself in rags, I sneaked out of the palace. My heart was hammering against my chest, as I roamed about in the streets, hoping to catch a glimpse of my beloved.

There she was.

Chuckling and dancing among his people, her face was set on contentment. It had always fascinated him, how easily his Cilla was able to mingle and win the hearts of people. Like a lovesick cat, I watched on from the distance, my eyes getting watery again.

We will soon be together again, my love.