Tiger by the Tail

EPISODE 36: TIGER BY THE TAIL
(Partially Adapted from "Calories and a Necklace")

We open this episode without a montage instead of a recap since what happened last time regarding Harris and his new powers isn't relevant to this episode. The montage, similar to Episode 25, instead focuses on a character who hasn't gotten as much time as she should. Sylvia Santos.

The screen starts black for 5 seconds while narration is heard from the White Ranger.

Sylvia: Dear, diary. I...think I have a problem.

From here, we get a 2-second shot of the Tundra Sector during zoo hours before cutting into a staff-only area of the Siberian Tiger habitat to find Sylvia getting up from a chair and stretching.

This lasts around 8 seconds.

Sylvia: So, for the past few days, since Harris left, I've been going on walks during some of my breaks.

Cut to her leaving the building and start enjoying a nice day.

This last for about 9 seconds as she keeps talking.

Sylvia: Each day, I planned out these walks so I could stop by my teammate's exhibits...and when I did, I started noticing a pattern.

From here, the dialogue briefly stops.

The upbeat music takes over and the following moments are shown:

14 Seconds—Sylvia looks into the Indian Elephant habitat around noon and notices a sweaty Winston taking a breather near Hitarthi, who's washing an elephant. She briefly surprises her husband by spraying him with the hose to cool him off, briefly making him jump for a second. Hitarthi laughs at this, but the elephant she was washing sprays her with water from its trunk, making Winston let out a laugh. Sylvia chuckles at this and keeps walking.

14 More Seconds—Sylvia stops one afternoon and notices Caleb on a break with Frida outside the African Lion exhibit. The latter of the two practices a tune on her guitar, which mixes in with the background music a little, while the former seems to be singing a little bit, though it's not heard, making Sylvia smile and bob her head to the beat as she continues her walk.

23 Seconds--Sylvia's taking an evening stroll around the Aquarium Sector and spots, under the giant whale statue, Benny, and Jackie dancing. Both are doing dance moves similar to what they did in Episode 27, with Benny's dance being like his motions in his Whale Rangers suit. After several seconds of this, the two spin into a hug and share a kiss on the lips, which surprises Sylvia, but then makes her smile.

While that last segment happens, narration returns.

Sylvia: Now, I don't have a problem with my friends being in love. It's awesome to see them happy and enjoying themselves. And some of us certainly need downtime after everything recently. No, no, the issue I'm having is...a bit more complicated.

_

We then cut to a brand new location. Sylvia's apartment.

It's nothing insanely small but it is a little more cramped than the previous homes of the others.

She steps through her front door and looks around at the empty apartment room, noticing no one is there as usual, but the narration as she does so is telling.

Sylvia: Thinking about their dates when I got home made me go "Oh yeah. I...don't come home to anyone and my family is miles away."

His expression starts to look a little bummed.

The montage continues with her eating some food at a kitchen table.

She enjoys it at first, but as the scene goes on, her face goes through a multitude of emotions as thoughts play through her mind, visualized here as stylized drawings of what she's describing.