Chapter 3 - Introductions

A/N: This is a bit of a filler chapter cos I have no idea where this book is going.

After being dismissed by her boss, Abigail took a quick pit stop at the bathroom. Bursting in she rushed into one of the cubicles and locked the door. Grabbing her phone out of her pocket, she quickly detangled her headphones and shoved the earbuds in her ears. Opening spotify she began to play her 'crying brb :(' playlist.

After a couple songs and feeling her heart rate return to normal she exited the cubicle and splashed her face with some cold water to get rid of any signs of her crying. As soon as she did that, she realised she'd have to go and get her makeup bag so she could redo her makeup and moisturise her face. Drying her face with a paper towel, she composed herself before rushing out of the bathroom into the bullpen. (#blackgurlproblems)

Kneeling on the floor she scrambled through her bag under her desk, she found her makeup bag filled with all her emergency skincare supplies. Luckily it was still a bit early, so people were starting to slowly trickle in. Carefully manoeuvring herself to avoid hitting her head on the desk, she returned to bathroom to fix her face.

As she returned to her desk, she began to look through her emails and write out her to do list for the day, unaware of the surge of people beginning to arrive, ready to start their day. Slowly coming back to the world around her after doing some reading on a case that's trial was going to begin soon.

"Abigail!" Garcia exclaimed. "I just heard the good news!"

Abigail flinched at the loud and brightly coloured girl addressing her, as she walked up to her desk.

"Sorry," Garcia said in a quieter voice or what would be considered a normal voice for well normal people. " I didn't mean to startle you! I'm just so happy that you're going to be working with the team and me!"

"Baby girl, let her get a word in." Morgan said picking up his coffee and walking over to you and Garcia.

You looked around you, realising how busy it had become before making eye contact mainly with Penelope, who was perched on the edge of your desk.

Pen had really helped you settle in and was probably the only other person you really talked to outside of work in this new city. You'd had a hard time settling in, moving halfway across the globe does that but you weren't like most people. You hated crowds and loud noises, so moving to a metropolitan city wasn't the best idea but you had managed to rent a nice apartment downtown and your neighbours (not that you really socialised with them) were considerate people.

"Thank you Penelope," you said softly.

"It's no problem sugar," Pen said before bringing Derek closer to introduce him. "This is chocolate thunder aka SSA Derek Morgan, he is apart of the team and my best friend."

You looked up at Derek, he was a fairly tall guy, with not a speck of hair on head and a goatee. He was a handsome guy, and quite muscular.

"Hi, I'm Derek and you're Abigail, Penelope has told me a lot about you." He said.

You furrowed your eyebrows in confusion, looking between Pen and Derek. There was nothing interesting about you, that could possibly warrant a conversation. 

"Don't worry," Derek reassured you. "It was mostly her gushing over your accent and all the stuff you told her about England."

You smiled knowing that Penelope had been gushing over your accent and how lucky you were to be near the queen and live in London. Little did she know you had lived in the not so tourist friendly area of London.

Nodding your head at Derek you offered him some brief eye contact, before you heard Garcia's phone buzz. Hoping off your desk, she opened the device before laying a hand on Derek's shoulder.

"We've got a case,"