Chapter 2- Introductions

"We cultivate love when we allow our most vulnerable and powerful selves to be deeply seen and known, and when we honor the spiritual connection that grows from that offering with trust, respect, kindness and affection.

Love is not something we give or get; it is something that we nurture and grow, a connection that can only be cultivated between two people when it exists within each one of them – we can only love others as much as we love ourselves.

Shame, blame, disrespect, betrayal, and the withholding of affection damage the roots from which love grows. Love can only survive these injuries if they are acknowledged, healed and rare."

-Brené Brown, The Gifts of Imperfection: Let Go of Who You Think You're Supposed to Be and Embrace Who You Are

Do you know that feeling when people try to wake you up, and you just want to smack them across the face for trying? Well two words to describe me right now.

Aggravated.

Very aggravated and sleepy.

I had fallen asleep on the plane and one of the guys had to carry me off. Since I didn't want to wake up after their little...ruckus.

Of course, me being me, I didn't wake up, or move. That only made the boys try harder.

I felt something under my nose, but I just shuffled in bed instead.

"Is she up yet?" I heard a male voice ask.

"No we have tried the feather but it doesn't work? What if we slap her awake or something? It's not like a girl can kick our ass. We are trained after all," another voice said.

Before I knew it, someone had actually slapped me. However, due to my reflexes I just sat up punched something or someone and laid back in bed.

"Crap! I think that she broke my nose, and she's not even awake. That's just bull."

"We have almost tried everything to wake her up!" a new voice said.

"Let's see we what we did. We first got some cymbals and crashed them together. When that didn't work, we turned the music as loud as we could, but we just cause the plane to start a small malfunction." All the boys scoffed at that. Small is not something they would call the malfunction. "Then we tried the smell of alcohol. And lastly but not least-the feather. What if we use water?"

The male voices just answered with yea, sure, and why not's. I felt something cold touch my face and slide down to my chest. I, however, just cuddled deeper into the covers with my now wet self.

"Dude, this is bull! She hasn't woken up yet. Now what do we do?"

"Try to shake her?"

"Sure why not."

I felt someone start to shake me, but I just pulled them down on the bed and cuddled with them.

"Royalty, wake up," someone said close to my ear. All I did was mumble a couple words.

"Go to sleep.."

"Help! She won't let go of my arm now," someone screamed by my ear.

"Shut the hell up or face the damn consequences," I screamed.

I heard Gretel scream something, but I was still sleepy so I just cuddled more with what I thought was a big bear. Then my stomach started to rumble so I got out of bed and ran downstairs to where the heavy aroma of food was located.

"Damn it Gretel!" someone yelled from the second floor. "How did you freaken get her out? We tried everything and nothing worked?"

"I was hungry," I answered staring at the food in front of me. I had three plates of food which held bacon and scrambled eggs while the other had pancakes and waffles. The last one had hash browns and biscuits.

The boys walked down the stairs and saw my plate-or plates more like it. "How can you eat all that much and still be skinny?" one of them asked.

"It's called exercise and fast metabolism, idiot. Also I'm not one bit sorry about your nose," I said pointing to the guy with dry blood above his lip.

"So when did we get here, and I forgot some of your names so who are you?" I asked shoving bacon in my mouth. Hey I may be a princess but I'm also a teenager.

Gretel and the boys sat around the island with their own plates of food.

"Well we got here around 5 hours ago. Jax over there carried you from the airport to the car. However, you didn't want to let him go. You were mumbling something about the pillow being warm. Then I changed you into what you are wearing right now. And well the guys were trying to wake you up," Gretel said.

"Did you forget the part where she punched someone and cuddled with another one?" one of them asked. She just burst out laughing just noticing the blood.

"You never answered one question. Who are you and how old are you?" I asked.

"I thought you said one," the blond haired one said so I just glared at him. "Okay I will shut up now."

"Hello, my name is Xavier Mackenzie and my brother's name is Will Mackenzie. We are both fraternal twins and we are also 18." I looked at them. Both of them had blonde hair and green eyes, but that's the only thing that they both shared. The qualities from there started to change.

"My turn! My name is Cody Grayson and I'm 16," another guy said extending his hand. I shook his hand and gave him a small smile.

"My name is Jax Stuart, and I am 17. I'm also your warm pillow," he said smirking at me. I noticed that he was more of a flirty guy. I think that my face turned a bit red. It turned even brighter after what another guy said.

"Hello beautiful, my name is Adrian Blake and I'm 17. I was also the one who you threatened if I don't allow you to sleep." He had brown hair and some very light brown eyes that may look amber sometimes.

"Okay my turn. My name is Liam Greysford and I'm 16," another blonde guy said.

"And lastly but not least, me! Dmitri Daxon. Age 17," the last one said. You have got to be kidding me, I thought.

I turned to look at Gretel and saw that she also remembered him. Our ex-best friend. When we were smaller we used to hang out with him until one day he stopped talking to us. He never gave us a reason why. We used to be nerds back then. We still are a bit, but we look different now. He didn't want to be seen with us so he left us alone. Nobody knew who we were until that one day when the school was attacked. It was the worst memory ever.

"Im 'iens ut interficerent eum," I told Gretel.

I ran up to him and tackled him to the ground. I did what I wanted to do ever since he left us alone. Punch. Slap. Punch. Slap. Kick. I felt arms go around my waist and tried to move me. It was both Xavier and Jax. I didn't know I was crying until I felt the tears fall on my neck.

I just let the two boys pull me away and start to calm me down. Gretel was also crying, but Liam was speaking to her and she just kept nodding her head a bit.

"How could you? You left us alone! We had NOBODY! Everyone took advantage of us and bullied us..." I stopped speaking when I realized what I had said. I started to cry harder when the memories started to flash by my mind.

"You have your boyfriend back at the country. Go back and cry to him. He is also one of your BODYGUARDS. We don't want to see how you are taking advantage of these two guys," Dmitri snapped.

I cried harder when he talked about my boyfriend. I also thought that I heard Gretel whimper. She loved him like an older brother. Past tense-LOVED.

"You know nothing about him. You weren't even there when you found out that I was a princess."

*
"I'm going to kill him!"
Cover by: @Flowerpetal1993