January 6th

January 6, 2021

I was in the car with my grandfather Senator Chuck Schumer (Leader of the Senate Democratic Party) arriving at the Capitol when he told me this.

Chuck: Helena, this day will be very important for the United States, for the future of several generations, and for the future of the world, you see.

Helena: Of course Grandpa, but where will I be? It's just that there's a rally on the ellipse in front of the White House where several people and some talk about the president himself who will be the last to speak in what I know can talk about how the vice president will follow through with the American constitution.

Chuck: Granddaughter, this invention will have security, just like in the capitol, and you will be in my office with 3 security guards and if anything happens they know what to do in those situations and if they say anything about staying in the office or leaving you you do what they say ok?

Helena: Of course Grandpa.

After they got to the capitol, they got out of the car, and from where they were they saw a few dozen Donald Trump supporters, and Helena saw Senator Elizabeth Warren and talked to her.

Helena: Good morning senator.

Elizabeth: Good morning dear.

Helena: It's a very good day today. Don't you think so senator?

Elizabeth: Yes I do today. It's Election Certification Day.

Helena: May I ask you a question?

Elizabeth: Sure.

Helena: If the president encourages the crowd to storm the capitol what will happen?

Elizabeth: Well in the capitol as you know they have secret tunnels that only the capitol police and the secret service know about, but if he does that, the party leaders of each party will go to a location that nobody knows about. So the whole capitol is secure.

Helena: What about the 25th Amendment? The vice president can invoke it, right?

Elizabeth: Invoking the 25th Amendment of the U.S. Constitution is considered the last resort to take away rights and powers from the President. The constitutional measure was enacted in 1963 following the assassination of John F. Kennedy and after the serious health problems of his predecessor Dwight Eisenhower. The Amendment details the modalities for transferring executive power in the event of the resignation, death, removal, or incapacitation of the White House tenant. Following this, Congress would vote to support the president's removal: to approve it, an absolute two-thirds majority, usually 67 Senators and 290 House members, would be required to remove him permanently. Congress could also appoint its own body to review the president's fitness, instead of the Cabinet.

Helena: Jesus.

....

Press conference