AEO | Pilot | 0

Against Every Odd ™️

Book 2 of 2.

All Rights Reserved 2022 | Vanessa Wright ©️

There should no copying of any parts of this story. Consequences may vary for such offense.

Against Every Odd is an urban novel. It contains obscene descriptive scenes, vulgar language, a ton of violence, and many other aspects that are RatedR. You have been warned, therefore if any category stated in the statement above isn't of your interest feel free to exit the story. Thanks in advance to all that continue beyond this point of the book and I hope you enjoy!

- Vanessa

__________________________

OPENING | Pilot
__________________________

Monday | February 24th | Month & Half Later

"Well, well, well. It's been a quite a few months since I got to speak with you last. How are you Benjiman?" Its like that question sent chills down his spine the minute that it had left Mrs.Tate's mouth. It wasn't that it was a hard question to answer, because it wasn't at all. It was just that for once in his life at twenty two, he could give a response that held no negative ass baggage behind it. For once the positive outweighed the negative. It was a refreshing feeling for him after a lifetime of hardship.

Benji adjusted his body on the sofa, not able to contain the slight smirk that fell onto his lips. Silence filled the room as he pondered on the right words to express the way he felt or had been. There was so many things that he could've said, but he decided to be on his Future tip today and went with a one word response to sum it up.

"Sensational." He uttered confidently.

At that single worded response, Mrs.Tate chuckled and shook her head. "Okay Future Hendrix, I like the word. I find that quite refreshing to hear. Although you know that simple response will never work on me. Elaborate on how or why you feel sensational Mr.Gotti." She had requested, letting him know that he had to go deeper.

Upon her request, he sighed as he took another minute to think about his life over the past two months since it had all changed. "Life is good. I can't complain about a thing at the moment. I'm doing good out in Miami. I'm moving into a new position out here, thriving well. My relationship been steady. I ain't got nun' bad to say, so yeah. I feel good right now. I know that's a first you got to hear me say some shit like that." He finished with a hint of sarcasm, reaching into his pocket for his phone. Quickly, his eyes scanned over the text he'd received.