AEO | For Better | 5

__________________________

AEO | For Better |  5
__________________________

"Yeah but even the hurdles that can be avoided, happen for a reason. They're a test to break us or make us better. I don't know about you, but I'm not breaking at all .. so it can only get better from here."
- Layton Iman Westbrooks
__________________________

Saturday | February 6

It was Saturday morning when Benji found himself on a plane next to his little sister Jada, as they flew home. Jada had overstayed her welcome out in Miami, hiding out from her parents and her new reality. It wasn't bad having her around to keep him company, but BG felt it was time for her to just woman up and and face them.

After arriving to their father's home, Jada shifted from foot to foot as she stood on the front porch. To say that she was scared would be an understatement. She could already imagine the disappointed look from her father. Jada hated to disappoint or upset her dad, which was a huge part of what frightened her the most about this.

"You ready?" Benji asked, noticing her slight pause.

"I'm terrified." Jada admitted, glancing over at him.

Benji sucked his teeth. "Why? Ain't shit to be scared of. Whether they like it or not, you grown enough to make your own decisions. Ain't shit they can do about it now but feel some type of way, but they'll get over it. You're the only girl, it ain't like they gone disown or turn away from you. Don't trip, you good. Plus, you got me here."

Jada smiled at those words. "Thank you again for all of this. I can't tell you how much you being here with me, means to me." She expressed, giving her oldest brother a side hug of gratitude, which Benji quickly returned.

In the midst of their small talk, Jada's mom opened up the front door wearing one of the biggest smiles. "Baby girl, you're here. I missed you so much. I swear having both you and your brother gone is hard." She voiced as she pulled her only daughter into a bear hug. Justine is a full time mother, so she missed her two children that had both spread their wings and moved out of the nest.

"I know mom, I promise I'll visit more." Jada spoke. In fact, she would be visiting home a lot once the baby got here. Jada needed her mom when it came to being one too, so she'd be relieved once the news was finally out.

"Hey BG, nice to see you again." She went on to say to her step-son, giving him an awkward side hug. They'd started to come around with one another, but since he had disrespected her back when him & Jace were into it, it was an awkward tension looming amongst them.

"Wassup." Benji responded briefly, as they all filed into the luxurious estate. They followed Justine inside their home, which she took a detour before speaking again.

"The food is almost ready. Your father and brother are both in the living room, watching some game that's on. I'll call you all once it's time to eat." Justine announced before returning back to the kitchen to finish the food.

Jada led the way to the living room, and as her mother had mentioned .. she found both Jerome and Jace with their feet kicked up on the sofa and watching the game on the 70 inch television. Jada's first reaction upon her father's presence was to smile and make her way over.