AEO | Love Cycle | 1

__________________________

Love Cycle
__________________________

"Men are not the only ones who can break hearts, but women can as well. Benjiman, I don't want to see you get your heart broken. We've worked too hard to get you here, and I will not let you relapse into the place of pain that you were once way too familiar with."
- Emma Ann Tate
__________________________

Friday | January 1 | 6 Months Later

| 23 |

Benjiman Cartier Gotti sat at the wooden oak desk on the day that he was born, twenty three years ago just to be exact. Although it was his birthday, it was just like a normal day at work for him. On last year, he'd decided to create a new outlook on this day and he continued a new year of said outlook. Celebrating his birthday was not really in his plan for today, but he wouldn't be sad or mope around either. He was blessed to be here. This was 23 and he was grateful to be amongst the living.

As he sat at the desk in one of his office spaces, he was looking over a paper file that his father had faxed over to him in reference to a new Miami distributor. Benji's interest in a new distributor at this time was minimal, but Jerome had insisted that BG take a look into it .. so as a courtesy to his father he took the meeting. In prep for the meeting, BG made it his business to learn every little detail that he could about the new candidate first.

While looking over the files, he could hear the knob on his office door twisting open. BG didn't bother to look, but only continued to read the pages in front of him. It was one of many things he hated, to be walked in on. It was obvious that the door was closed for a reason, so it would've been common courtesy to knock first. But no, whoever was on the other side either didn't give a fuck about common courtesy or felt they didn't need too.

"I'm busy." Benji said quickly, still allowing his eyes to read over the information of the documents. He was in business mode right now, he didn't want any company.
When he was in work mode, he was strictly that and he didn't have time for any interruptions. The meeting for the possible new distributor was in a few days and that time would be here sooner than he was prepared for.

Megan sucked her teeth, still entering the room. "Boy, please. It's your birthday and you're suppose to be off, so act like it. Anyway, happy birthday to you." Megan's smile spread across her face once he'd finally looked at her. With that, she extended the small gift bag outward to him. "Here is your gift, I hope your picky ass like it."

With a deep sigh Benji closed the file and then grabbed the bag from her hands. "Preciate it, but today another day on the job for me. And why you got on them weird lookin' ass boots?" He went on to question her, staring at the strange choice in footwear. Megan glanced down at her shoes, then politely flipped him off with a smile.