Chapter 9

(A/N: I. Have no idea what I should name this chapter...)

-Law's PoV-

The street lights had already turned off. Some shops had begun to close. I looked at my watch, it's already 9 p.m.. 'He's late.' I sigh. 'Isn't he's coming? I left a note on his car to meet me at the park around 8.30 or 9. Maybe I should have given the address specifically.'

I looked at the ground. 'BUT WHY. Why the hell am I getting involved in this!?. It really has nothing to do with me. ....so why do I care? Why does I feel bad for Luffy.' I gulped. 'Why is this affecting me so much? I barely even know him.'

I closed my eyes and sigh heavily. 'It's not like it's a burden I should bear.' I looked at the sky. 'But that Sabo guy, he's really late.' I looked at a car park near the park where a light was on. A car arrived and park at the nearest place to the park entrance. '... Nevermind. He's here.'

I went to the car and Sabo went out of his car. "Hey, Law. Just for reference, next time don't pick night. There are too many crazy drivers you see." Sabo said. I took out a few papers from a document envelope.

"What's up?" He asked. I throw the papers in front of him. "I know what you did! You're cheating on Luffy aren't you? I have evidence!" He looked at the papers with a widen eyes. He looked at me and laughed.

"Wha- Why are you laughing, you *$shole?!" That kind of made me snap. He wiped a tear that was about to fall because of laughing to much. "You're very funny Law. No offence, but you don't seem like someone who would cares." He stared and continue. "Especially with how you've been acting."

"!" He smiled. "So, why do you suddenly care?" I clenched my fist. "Why are you leading Luffy on?" I asked. He smirked. "You're not answering my question." "Well you're not answering mine either." I said.

"... How fascinating. Well, it was very interesting, but I got to go." He turned and waved his right hand. He went to his car and was about to open the door, but then he stopped. He looked at me and said, "Ah, you can keep those photos. I don't need it."

He entered his car. He stick out his hand and waved from inside the car again. "See ya, Law." And after that, he drove away. Just like that.

...

I entered my apartment and went to the kitchen. 'Why did I inject myself into that mess? Just let it go.' I took out a container of rice and a clay pot. I put it on the kitchen stove.

I put two cup of rice in a bowl and washed them. I put the washed rice in the clay pot and some water, and cooked the rice. While waiting, I took out a fresh chicken meat and a few vegetables, and sliced them.

I pricked the chicken skin with a fork and put them aside. Then, I took out a bottle of soy sauce, sake*, mirin*, and sugar. I also took out an onion and a ginger, and grated them.

I mixed them in a bowl and put it aside. I placed the chicken on a tray and sprinkle some salt and some freshly grounded black paper. I put the chicken in the mixed sauce and marinated them for a while. I checked the rice and took out a pan to pre-heat it and put some vegetable oil.

After the pan was hot, I took the chicken I marinated out of the sauce and place it on the pan skin-side down. While waiting the skin to crisps up and browned nicely, I put the bowl and tray I used in the kitchen sink and turned off the stove for the rice I cooked before.

After that, before the skin could browned nicely, I poured the rest of the sauce over the chicken and wait for the chicken nicely browned. I flipped the chicken to cooked the other side and wait for the sauce to thicken. Then, I tilted the frying pan to spoon the sauce and pour them over the chicken. I repeat the process until the chicken absorbed the glaze and started to shine.

I put the dish in a plate and put it on the table with the rice. '.... I accidentally made it for two... Well I can just eat the leftover tomorrow.'

Just as I was about to sat down, my doorbell rang. 'Huh? Who would it be at my door this late?!' I went to the door to look at the person in front of my doorstep, but before I could even reached the door, one of the person outside yelled.

"Law? Are you home? It's me, Bepo." I opened the door. "What do you want coming here in the middle of the night?" I glared at him. "... Shachi and Penguin are fighting again." I sigh. "Come in. You came to a perfect time. I can't finish all of the food."

...

I woke up by the sound of the alarm. I sigh. 'Thank goodness I don't have any morning classes today. Ah... But I do have morning shift today...' I sigh heavily. I got up from bed and get ready.

Last night, Bepo stayed for dinner and complaint about Shachi and Penguin. It has happened a few times now. Since Bepo, Shachi and Penguin share a dorm in the university, they would always fight about something. So sometimes I need to be the one to stop their fights.

Luckily, last night they solved it themselves. So Bepo went back to the dorm after they resolved their things together. I wore my uniform and went to the living room to wear my shoes. Suddenly, I remembered the event that happened last night at the park.

'Ugh... That kinda pissed me off.' I went out of my apartment and and locked the door. Coincidentally, Luffy was also going out of his apartment. He looked at me and smiled.

"Oh, hey Law! Good morning. Are you heading out? I was also heading out. My brothers is taking me to this place to get dessert!! It's kinda early, but they really wanted to. You know, we should all get out sometimes with my friends!! We could go eat somewhere or maybe see a movie? But we can also do both! Whatever you feel like doing--"

I turned to look at him and snapped. "WILL YOU JUST STOP ANF LEAVE ME ALONE?!" It kind of slipped out of my mouth. I widen my eyes. Luffy's face was shocked. "... I'm sorry....." He apologized and went away.

I went to my car and started the the engine. I grated my teeth and griped the car steering. "UGH!! Goddammit. WHY DID I SAY THAT?!" I ruffled my hair. "I'M SUCH A MORON! This is why you have so little close friend!" I put on my hat back and went out of the car park.

'No... This is what you wanted. To be left alone.' I stayed silent for a while. This is... What I wanted...?' The traffic light went red. "AAGH! Shut up!!"

...

(A/N: ... Oops.. I didn't mean to create this mess... I originally planned to add a progress in law and luffy's relationship T-T yeah. I wanted to add lawlu scene. But the event turned into this ToT. Also... I'm sorry for that part where law was cooking. I think that part probably took 1/3 or even half of the story words. But thanks for reading anyways <3 p/s: law was making chicken teriyaki.)

*Sake: a Japanese rice wine.
*Mirin: Japanese sweet rice wine.