Chapter 30: I Promise

AN: I didn't give much of a warning this time, BUT. This is the last chapter, and I will be doing a third and final part. So HANG IN THERE. And thank you for all the love on both of the stories!! I'm literally so amazed at how many people read and comment. So thank you!

I sat on my conversation with the Charles the rest of the week. I got home on Friday and found Harry in the living room, he was going over Coachella outfit choices, moving around pictures of different outfits he has tried on at a fitting earlier today.

"Hey." I said, putting my stuff down and walking over to the couch, sitting down.

"Hi Maggie." He smiled up at my briefly, before bringing his attention back to the photos spread on the coffee table.

"Where's Becks?" I said softly.

"She asked to go to a party, she gave me the address and what friends she's staying at after. I said yes, I hope that's okay."

"Yeah, that's fine," I bit my lip softly, "Have you decided what you are going to wear?"

"I have an idea. I really like this one." He held up a multicolored sequined outfit and I smiled softly.

"It looks really good Haz. I like that one a lot."

He nodded, "I think Shania Twain might sing with me the first weekend."

"Shut up. That's like a dream for you right?" I smiled at him.

"Yeah, I hope it works out." He smiled up at me and my heart tightened.

"Harry."

"Yeah Mags."

I took a deep breath, "We need to talk."

"Famous last words." He said sighing deeply.

I moved off the couch, sitting close to him, wrapping my legs around him so my body was the closest it had been in a while. I ran my fingers along his face. Through his hair. I took him in for the first time in a while. He had bags under his eyes, his green eyes didn't glisten like before, he had more stubble than ever and I couldn't remember the last time his dimples had left an imprint on his cheek.

"Harry. I just, I need a break. From everything. I feel like I'm going insane." I whispered softly, my voice already breaking.

"From me as well?" He searched my eyes.

"Harry, I just—I'm suffering too Maggie. I'm hurting. Every damn day. I didn't just lose my child, I lost you too. Every damn day, it's hurts."

I felt myself start to tremble, "Harry I'm sorry. I love you. So much. I just—just do whatever you need Maggie." He lifted me gently as he removed himself from under me and stood up, "I'm...I'll be back later."

"Harry wait please." I said quickly standing up.

"What Maggie?" His gaze cold. Hurt.

"I'm leaving two days from today. You can stay here until you need. Charles will also check on Becca. I don't want this to be our end Harry. I just need a moment. I need to remove myself from here. For just a moment. I want to be with you Harry, but I can't right now. I've been trying, but..." I took a deep breath, "Haz, I can't even have you touch me. I feel like I don't deserve to be touched by you. Like I don't deserve to be loved. I'm punishing you because of how I feel. That's not fair. I want to be okay, so I can love you the way you deserve to be loved."

"Maggie, I don't want to loose you." He said softly, placing his hand on my cheek and I turned my face into it.

"You won't. I promise. I want to be with you Harry. I just, I need to sort myself out."

"Okay. Okay Maggie. Go. Wherever, and do whatever it is you need. But come back to me darling." He said so tenderly and I leaned up and kissed him softly. I forgot how his lips felt, and he pulled me closer to him.

We rested our foreheads against each other's and I took a deep breath, "I promise. I'll be back."

He nodded and kissed my nose softly, "I promise, I'll be waiting."

AN: PART 3 IS NOW UP!

Edit; NEW BOOK CHROMA IS UP 12/1/22