Chapter 1 ~ All Alone

A/N ~ Also, just a bit of a recon, but, in this story, the competition is a week away, not the Friday coming up, it was originally two weeks away but this takes place 1 week after Episode 9

Jake was awake in his bed, it was around 2:00 in the morning and he couldn't get to sleep. He was looking at his phone, at his and Hailey's dm's. Hailey had blocked him, all of them had, expect for Sean, but it was obvious he was ignoring him since he sent him a message a day after the indigent and Sean left him on read. It had been a week, still a week left til next Friday, the competition. He was sad and angry, but also disappointed in himself. Even though he mostly blamed Drew and his friends, he was still disappointed in himself because of the situation. He sighed, putting him phone down, knowing it's not like Hailey would talk to him. Jake closed his eyes, trying his best to get to sleep, eventually succeeding.

Later on, Jake woke up, getting up and getting changed into his usual clothing. He grabbed his phone and went downstairs to eat breakfast, it being obvious to his parents something was wrong, it had been like that ever since the incident. After that, he left for school. It had been lonely since that day, he didn't have Drew, Liam or Henry, he didn't have The Music Club, he just stayed by himself. When he arrived, he saw Drew, ignoring him as he walked by and arrived at his locker, putting his things in and looking away from his locker, seeing Hailey putting things in her locker with Zander next to her. Jake quickly looked back at his locker before they could see him looking.

The day was lonely, like expected. Usually, during his free periods and lunch he would either hang out with Drew, Liam and Henry or practice for the competition. But since he couldn't do either, he just hanged out by himself, trying to find things to pass the time. After the school, he was walking down the hall, passing The Music Club door, seeing them all practicing, looking like they were having a good time, but obvious the incident was still affecting them. Jake stopped for a second to look at them before walking away. He went home, straight to his room and sitting on his bed, pulling out his phone and checking his dm's. And as usual, no one had messaged him. Well, someone had, Daisy.

Jake smiled to himself, Daisy had actually kept in contact with him, since he hadn't done anything to her. She didn't even really mind that he left The Music Club. Sure, he didn't really have a chance with her now, knowing she and Sean were together, but he didn't really care anymore. At first he did this all for her, but then he got feelings for Hailey and he screwed that up. Anyways, he looked at the message from her:

Daisy:
Hi Jake, how have you been?

She asked that since even she knew he had felt bad since he got kicked, well she thought Jake had left, but still know he felt sad.

Jake:
Hey Daisy, I've been fine, how about you?

Daisy:
That's good, I've been fine, thanks for asking

Jake:
That's good as well, and thank you for asking as well

Daisy:
Mhm, anyways, I was just checking up on you, I'll talk to you tomorrow(this day was Monday) at school, okay?

Jake:
Yeah, I'll see you tomorrow

Jake kept his smile as he turned his phone off and put it on his bedside cabinet, he was glad he still had Daisy. Even if he couldn't be with her, they could still be friends, which he was happy about. Because he was feeling better, he began to play video games, keeping his happiness as he did so, even though he did remember playing with Drew the day before the incident, but he chose to ignore that. After a while of playing, he went downstairs and had dinner, it being obvious to his parents he was in a better mood which made them happier. Once he finished, he went back upstairs to his room, locking his door.

He thought, and began to sing, the same song he sang to get into the club. Jake eventually ended up smiling again as he was singing, picturing Hailey, Milly and Luke in front of him, Zander playing on his piano and Sean playing the music. He was happy, but once he finished the song, he realised how much he screwed up and felt disappointed and sad and angry again. Jake wanted to make it up to them, but he couldn't, they wouldn't let him in, they wouldn't let him speak and even if he did, they wouldn't listen to him. He sighed, walking over to his bed and sitting down. It had been 2 hours since he messaged Daisy, picking up his phone, not expecting to see any messages from anyone.

But once Jake turned his phone on, he saw a notification, a message. He thought and hoped it would've been Daisy again, what if it was Drew? Perhaps he would start bullying him, what if he asks him to come back to their friend group? What if it's Zander? What if he wanted to fight him of something, he didn't know, but it could've been like that. He had closed his eyes as he thought, eventually deciding to just open them and see who had messaged him. It couldn't be that bad, yeah, of course it couldn't have. So, slowly, Jake opened his eyes, looking at the notification of the message he was sent and seeing who sent it. His eyes widened, his mouth opened, he was shocked, surprised and confused, why would they message him? They hated him. But deep down, he felt kind of happy. Who had messaged him?

Hailey:
jake.....let's talk...