Chapter 2: A new friend

I got pulled out of my sleep by a knock on my door. Somepony was here, but why? No one ever came here. No one dared to. I lived too close to the Everfree forest, ponies were too scared to come this close to it. My heart pounded heavily in my chest. I thought about different possibilities. About who it could be, but I had no idea. No one can possibly know I live here, right? Maybe it were Timberwolves, or an Ursa minor? No, that's ridiculous. Monsters wouldn't knock on doors. They would just destroy the whole place. I decided not to react and just wait for them to go away.

Another knock. Again I waited. I began to sweat. Just go away!

Again they knocked on the door.

'Hello, is there anybody home?'

My theories got debunked. It was the voice of princess Celestia. Still, I felt tense. Celestia? What could she be doing here? Did I held up Luna too long? Is she going to send me out of Equestria for it?

'T-there's nobody home,' I quickly said. I slapped my forehead with my hoof immediately after. How could I be so stupid. Of course she will know now somepony is home.

'Are you Lucid Dream?'

'Y-yes.'

'Can you open the door please? I need to tell you something.'

I lifted myself up from my bed. I probably look terrible right now. I can't show myself to the princess like this. Hesitantly I walked to the door, sweating heavily. Slowly I opened the door a bit, hiding behind it.

'Hello? You don't have to be scared, I'm not going to hurt you,' she said with a calm voice.

Slowly I opened the door a bit more, my head peeking a bit from behind it. I looked up at Celestia. She was so big. Her tricolored mane moved, shining bright in the sunlight.

'H-how did you know I live here?'

'A wild guess. I asked somepony in Ponyville if they knew you, since that pony knows everypony. When she said she didn't I went outside of ponyville and soon stumbled upon this house.' she said, gesturing with her hoof.

'Please, come to stand in front of me.'

I came from behind the door to now stand in front of her.

'You are probably wondering why I'm here.'

I nodded.

'Well, I have been sent by my sister Luna. She told me about yesterday and wants to see you.'

Luna wants to see me? I was a bit surprised at that, why could she possibly be wanting to see me.

'O-ok,' was all I could say.

'Will you follow me? I will bring you to our castle, Luna is waiting there for you'

'Wait, I have to ready myself. Give me one moment.'

She nodded and I closed the door behind me.

Celestia took flight and I followed the white princess closely, to make sure I wouldn't lose her out of sight.

Ponyville, the cities and beautiful landscapes of Equestria stretched far below us, but I didn't pay attention to it. Not even a single glance to see what was below me, too scared I would lose the princess and with that, possibly my way to the castle.

'S-so, uhm, what is it like, being the princess of Equestria? Is it hard?' I asked quietly.'

'It's pretty hard work, as princess of the sun I do not only raise the sun, I also have to go to openings and parties, and have a lot of ponies who need my help, everyday.'