Chapter 4: A message for a dreamer

I looked curiously at the pony. She was a beautiful young mare. A pegasus, just like me. Light blue fur, white and blue curly manes and blue eyes.

'Uhm, did you just appear from these snowflakes?' I asked quietly, almost too quiet to be able to hear.

She nodded. 'I am Snowdrop.' Her voice sounded soft and friendly. Exactly like the voice I heard that night at the balcony.

'Snowdrop? The same Snowdrop Luna told me about, the one she called her friend?'

'I indeed am, and you must be Lucid Dream.'

I was astonished. This dream gets weirder and weirder. First a castle that looks exactly like Canterlot's, then a whole ghost city and nopony around, and then this. I should write this down in my dream journal once I wake up, I thought.

I didn't understand tho, how I could dream of somepony I have never even met.

'I don't understand tho, how can I dream about you if I have never met you. I've had many strange dreams, but as strange as this. No, never.' I started to feel more comfortable now I knew who she was, she didn't seem like she was planning on doing me any harm, and walked away from the railing, closer to Snowdrop.

'Oh, but I'm not a dream. You may be dreaming, but I am real.'

I refused to believe that. That wasn't possible. Although, Luna did tell me about her meeting Snowdrop in her dream. But wasn't Snowdrop blind?

'But uhm, sorry to ask, but if you are real, then why do you have clear pupils? Luna told me you were blind.'

'Well, when you die, you lose all disabilities you had, and will be free from the pain you had in your past life.'

'So that means you can see again?'

She nodded. 'Exactly.'

Unbelievable, but this might explain why this dream felt so different. And Luna said the dream she met her in felt different from her normal dreams. I still didn't understand where I was tho, and why she came to meet me. Luna wished to see her one last time, I never did? But what if there was a special reason for this?

'W-where am I exactly? And why are you here?'

'Well, first; you are in a place where all ponies who have passed away go. We call it: Skyquestria. As you might have seen already, this castle looks exactly like the one from princess Celestia and Luna. But aside from that, Skyquestria looks quite different from Equestria. Everyone can live here happily while they wait for their loved once to join them. And, at night, we travel to Equestria and watch over the ones we love. That is when ponies can see us, as stars. But since you are dreaming this, there is no one besides me, and the time isn't the same as the real Skyquestria's.'

'That is amazing! That you watch over us. That makes the night even more beautiful.'

'It indeed is. I Ioved the night as much as you do.'

I started thinking and connecting every dot. I felt like I was here for a reason. A special one. The fact that I felt so connected to Luna, that I felt connected to this pony somehow and that I could hear her too that night. Then my cutie mark. It still seemed useless but I couldn't help but wonder if it meant something.

'Uhm, can I ask you something? Is it possible that I'm somehow connected to both you and Luna, and that I'm here for a special reason? A reason you are gonna tell me about? Are you going to tell me how to stop the nightmares? I know it sounds weird and unlikely, but I can't help but wonder. I heard you too, there at the balcony when I was there with Luna. And I have never even known you.'