Ch: 21

~~~The Next Day~~~

I sat on the bed in my room in the palace on Naboo, playing with something which sat neatly on my finger. I knew I had to keep it hidden...I wasn't supposed to have it...Jedi weren't allowed to have it.

My mind flashed back to last night, to when he gave it to me.

~~~Flashback, Start~~~

"Obi-wan...?" I hesitantly asked him as I noticed a somewhat conflicted look on his face. Like he was debating something. I felt his aura with the Force...it was a short debate...he was more so trying to find words to put it in.

He looked down at me, his eyes reflected the light of the moons. He seemed to have made up his mind.

"I've liked, no...loved you since the moment we met all those years ago." He stated with all his heart...I could sense how true his words were. They rang out through his entire being.

I was a little bit curious as to where he was going with this...so I didn't say anything. I just sat and listened...his words sparking the same emotions in my heart. Ones I knew he could sense in me just as well as I could in him.

He brought his hand up, the same one in which he was hiding something...something small...something circular...like a.... I cut myself off from those actions as my mind seemed to know what he held. He unclasped his hand and on it sat the most beautiful piece of jewelry I had ever seen...well...other than all of Padmé's. It was a small silver ring with a white sapphire embedded at the top. Small metallic swirls of silver, slightly lighter in color than the ring's base, extended out from the sapphire as they wrapped themselves around said ring.

At the sight of the ring, I instantly stood up from the bench and slightly backed up. This, of course, caused Obi-wan to stand up as well...slight confusion at my actions showed upon his face. As well as a sense of worry I could feel through the Force.

"Obi-wan...." I started as I looked at the ring. It was beautiful...I loved it...but.... It was traceable...instantly recognizable as what it truly was. No matter how much I wanted it...just how could I hide it...? Jedi weren't allowed attachments...but I had them...and they most certainly weren't allowed to marry.

"Do you not like it...?" He stated with slight sadness within his aura.

"No...I...." I couldn't seem to find my words...and so they came out jumbled. "Obi-wan...the council...that's a wedding ring. We've already broken enough rules as it is."

"So what's one more...?" He asked me before he knelt down on one knee. "Nova Amidalla...will you do me the honor of becoming my wife...?"

"I...." I was speechless as I looked at the ring. I oh so wanted to take it.... "They'll know...." I instantly told him, slightly shaking my head as tears pooled up in my eyes. "The Galactic records...."

"So we do it in secret." He insisted, finding a way around my worries. "Your sister already said she'd make it official...and with Kala as a witness...."

"You have this all figured out...don't you...?" I asked him as I looked at the ring, the tears now clouding my vision. "If we weren't Jedi...I'd have already said yes."

"So is that...?" He asked, slightly disappointed.

"Oh...Obi-wan." I told him, my voice soft as the tears started to spill down my face. "Yes...! A thousand times yes...!" I exclaimed as I took his hands and brought him up to stand on his feet. I then brought him in for a hug my face pressed against his chest as though to hide my joyful tears.

~~~Flashback, End~~~

A knock sounded on the bedroom door, bringing me from my thoughts. I instantly knew who it was, as per the force signature on the other side of the door. With a wave of my hand the door opened up, and in walked Kala with a box in her hands which hid the piece inside. She set the box on the bed before she walked over toward me. She runs her hand over my stray hair, making an audible 'tsk' sound in annoyance at my locks. She knew she had her work cut out for her.

"Did you even brush your hair as I told you to as I went to fetch your dress...?" She seemed to ask me before she used the Force to call my hairbrush to her hands...not waiting for my answer as I just looked at the ring on my finger. "You don't haft to go through with this if you don't want to...."

"I do." I shot back at her, causing her to stifle a laugh.

"It's not me you'll be saying that to." She amusingly told me...although her eyes showed that her thoughts seemed to be far away from here.

"I...I," I stated, flustered. "You know what I mean. I want to go through with this...it's just...."

"Y-you're afraid...." She told me, knowingly.

"Everything'll change," I told her.

"It's already changed," She informed me as she tried to get a particularly naughty knot out of my hair.

"More so than before...more than I've ever had before." I seemed to say. "In such a short time."

Kala instantly stopped moving the brush. "Short time...?" She seemed to disagree with me. "You two have been at this for ages...you've just...become aware."

Slight confusion etched on my features. "You said you've only recently had your assumptions about us."

"Yeah...." She started as she went back to brushing my hair. "I lied...I watched as it built up from seemingly nowhere. The two of you...you're inseparable...always making time for the other."

"And in all this time...you never told the council...?" I asked of her.

"I didn't think it would lead anywhere...." She confessed to me. "How wrong I was...."

"And now...?" I asked her, wanting to know.

"I meant what I said before." She told me. "It's not my secret to tell...not unless either of you becomes a danger to yourselves or anyone else."

"Thank you...." I told my friend.

"For what...?" She seemed to ask, oblivious.

"For always being here...for me." With that, she then helped me into my silver-white dress once my hair was put up in a complete updo...minus my Padawan braid which laid across my shoulder. I even had a little tiara atop my head, which Padmé had included with the dress...I mostly didn't say anything considering it had a small veil attached to it to complete my outfit. All of which...I had to hide under a cloak and hood...at least until I got to where the small ceremony was being held.

Although, I didn't complain...Kala had to wear one too as she was wearing a beautiful orange dress under her cloak.