Chapter 7

She looked into his molten brown eyes, she could see the hope, love, sincerity and admiration, he really was in love with her, it was real.. Before she knew it, the answer escaped her, "Yes I am... I'm in love with you."

Hearing those words from her, a relief washed over him, she had finally said the words hidden deep within her heart. It still didn't feel real, he felt as if he would awake any moment and realize he was dreaming.

"Say it again..." He whispered in attempt to make sure this was all real.

She felt her heart racing against her chest at his request. She breathed out, "I love you" as a red hue appeared on her cheeks.

Without wasting another second, he pulled her into his arms. She fit snug in his arms, as if she was the missing piece to him. A sense of warmth and contentment washed over both of them as they remained in an embrace.

Nestled in his arms, her ear pressed against his chest right above where his heart rested, listening to the thumping rhythm. She murmured, "Arnavji?" "Mhmm..." came his response.

"What now?" She pulled back just enough to meet his gaze.

He questioned, "Now?" as he waited for her to continue.

She elaborated, "Does your family know about us?"

He caressed her arms as he answered her, "They all know since the day you were discharged." He could see questions arising in her mind, he answered her doubts without her uttering a word. "I told them not to talk to you about it until I was back. I wanted to speak to you first and then your family."

She nodded, "And Lavanyaji?"

He sighed, "La is coping, she moved out of Shantivan and back into her old apartment. In fact, she's leaving for London to visit her mom today." Seeing Khushi's face fall, he further added, "Don't worry she promised that she'd visit you before going to the airport." Khushi smiled hearing about Lavanya's impending visit.

They heard a knock on the door, pulling away from each other's embrace, Arnav spoke, "Come in."

The door opened revealing Lavanya who wore a smile on her face. She walked over to the bed and hugged Khushi. Arnav stood up and walked out of the room, wanting to give them some privacy.

Lavanya sat on the bed next to Khushi, she could see her battered form but what was important was despite it all Khushi was glowing, she had a smile on her face, all due to Arnav, then and there it concreted her decision to end things with Arnav, she made the right decision for all three of them.

Khushi played with her dupatta with a lowered gaze. She felt a pang inside knowing how much Lavanya sacrificed for herself and Arnav. "Lavanyaji I..."

Lavanya held Khushi's hands, "Khushi what happened, I want you to know that I do not blame you. Neither you nor Arnav should feel guilty. I am hurt, anyone would be but I am happy for the two of you. I would have never been able to forgive myself if I remained the reason for the two of you to be apart."

Khushi looked up and saw the honesty in Lavanya's eyes. She threw herself into Lavanya's arms, "Lavanyaji you..."

Lavanya patted Khushi's back, "Why did you hide your feelings from me? You proved to be an amazing friend, you changed me... you did so much for me, without a reason, thank you."

Khushi sniffled, "I'm sorry, I felt very selfish. I don't know how it happened."

Lavanya cupped Khushi's face, "That's how love is, you don't know how and when it happens, it just does. Khushi you and ASR deserve happiness and you both found that happiness with each other. Seriously I'm happy my two favourite people in the world found each other, both of you are made for each other."