Chapter 10

Khushi looked out of the car window as the car pulled up to the farmhouse. She smiled as the memories of the last time she was here came flooding into her mind. The night when Arnav brought her here, where he had asked her to be his wife, where they promised to always be each other's for the rest of their lives.

She felt a hand caress her fingers, she turned to her side and saw Arnav looking down at her. She leaned her head on his shoulder and entangled her fingers with theirs. This was just the beginning of their life together.

After everyone unpacked in their respective rooms, they all had dinner together and then dispersed to different parts of the farmhouse, some of them exploring, some overseeing wedding preparations and others just relaxing.

Payal found her sister in the living room, engaged in a thoughtful conversation with their mother, aunt and Arnav's grandmother. She walked towards Khushi and sat beside her. She whispered, "Khushi.... Khushi come with me please..." Payal tried to convince her sister who seemed more interested in spending time with the elders than going with her. If only her stubborn sister would listen. Arnav jiju should have come but then, never mind, he had tasked her with getting Khushi.

She tried yet again a little louder this time, "Khushiii..."

Devyani looked up as she heard Payal call Khushi, sensing Payal's tension, she decided to help the situation a little, "Go on Khushi betiya... go see what Payal betiya wants."

Payal mouthed a 'thank you' to Nani and grabbed Khushi's hand after the green signal from the elders and hauled her away from the living room.

They made their way upstairs and as they neared Arnav's bedroom at the end of the hall, Khushi looked at her sister in question, "Jiji, why did you drag me here? What are we-" She stopped short seeing Shyam open the door, "Finally Khushi is here!"

She peered into the room as Payal tugged her inside. Shyam had shut the door and returned to his spot on the floor beside Anjali, who was sitting on the love seat. Payal settled on the floor next to Akash, while Arnav was on the bed, lying on his stomach with a pillow propped under his chest.

Arnav looked on at Khushi while she weighed her seat options, she glanced at him with a smile as she walked towards him. She sat down on the ground at the foot of the bed, right within his reach.

Anjali announced, "Now that Khushiji is here, we can start..." She held out her palm which had a ring inside a chain. "Shyamji has gone mad and has been pestering to try this..."

Shyam took the chain and explained, "It's supposed to work. See this is how it goes, when I put it over your palm, if it goes straight, it's a boy, if it makes a circle it's a girl. Let's start with you Rani Sahiba." Anjali giggled as she held out her palm.

Shyam placed the chain in the middle of her palm and then raised it, it immediately started spinning in a circle. "See I told you, we're having a rajkumari first."

Anjali started blushing, "We'll see...now that's enough... try it on Payalji and my Khushiji..."

Khushi felt Arnav's breath on the back of her neck, making her breath hitch as she leaned further against the bed.

Payal protested, "No no Anjaliji..." Payal noticed the way Akash's eyes softened and she instantly changed her mind, "Okay I'll try it."

Shyam smirked at Arnav and then threw a glance at Akash, knowing well about what was cooking in Akash's head. Arnav signaled to his jijaji to fool around at Akash's expense.