I love everybody because I love you

Inks pov
I jump into my boyfriends arms. We swing around a bit, both of us laughing.
Its a mild summer day, the birds are chirping, the grass has a sweet scent and the sky is a crystal clear blue. Nothing could be better.
I get a final spin before we head to the car. Of course, I make it a race, running ahead of the skeleton behind me. Im obviously faster, having a more physically demanding job. 

I run into the car, slamming my hands into it.
"I WIN" I scream, using all the might in my lungs

"We were not racing!" he tells me, still chuckling a bit, amused at my behaviour.

He gets into the car, the drivers seat since I can't drive. I jump in through the window and rest my face on the passenger's side door. My hand sticks through the window has he reaches 50km/h. Not too fast but some resistance.  I try to hold the wind as I get lost in my memories.

I remember when we were enemies. It makes my heart ache. The first time I had wounded him. The grass where he laid left a bed in his shape.
He never loved me to start with.
'I love him, Ink' he told me cheerfully one day. Of course I told him to go for it, grinning as wide as my damaged heart could.
Always hoping that 'he' could someday be me.

"Ink, are you okay?" A soft voice rings through. Oh how I love when he calls my name.
"Yeah. Yeah!" I smile, realizing we have made it.

Our little cottage stands infront of a lake, and behind a beautiful garden dug with my own hands. We light fires by the moonlight and craft by the sunlight. Its a beautiful life and I couldn't imagine it with anyone else.
My empty heart is full of love and I only have one person to thank.

I used to be a hateful person. Not caring about the Au's. Even before the peace. I used to leave them for days or weeks on end, letting them die. Being rude or sarcastic to the people in real life. Just, not caring. I didn't have the ability to care. Now, I like to think, I do.

We make our way into the house, berries sitting on the table, and fabric lining the couch. Right. I have to make things today. Jam, and clothing. Sounds wonderful.

My mindset has changed even.

Cross starts to wash the strawberries in the sink.
"Each jam having it's own berry or bumble berry?" he asked
"surpise me" I smile, starting to cut the tops off of the freshly washed berries.
Now to boil them with sugar and lemon.
I light the gas on, and it bursts a small flame for us. "He's alive!" Oreo jokes.

'he's alive..'

"HE'S ALIVE!!" Blue screamed, kneeling down to him, checking if he was breathing.  I desperately grabbed at his hand before being pushed away by Nightmare. "You can't care anyway"

But I did. And it hurt me so much.

Soon the aroma of jam fills the room. "Its reached jam.. texture .. thing"
he means a soft .. well I don't even know.
But I do know its ready.
I take the sterilized jars out and hold them as he fills them full of beautiful jam.

He lays in the grass, crying. The first time I've seen him cry. I did this. This was me.

"hey.." someone wipes a tear away. But it wasn't Cross.
I see nothing but black and know immediately that its Nightmare.

He is always welcomed here.. Even though he is Crosses ex. He was 'him'

My immediate reaction is to get cold, but I take a deep breath and thank him before going to cut some fabric. Him and Cross have a conversation out of ear shot.

In the medical area there are doors separating us from the medical room. I wait away from everyone as they give me death glares. They would kill me if they could
Needless to say, the Peace was formed that day.
Cross was alright after several hours, but fully recovered after a day. He wanted nothing to do with me. No one did.

I snap  back to reality when i slice my finger with the tool. Nightmare jumps on me, applying pressure, while Cross grabs medical supplies. So this is what support is like.

Thinking back to all the criticism and beatings I got at the Star sanses. I understood why they did it. I was a heartless bastard. You can only deal with the same routine for so long until you break.

A plaster is put over my finger and they clean up my supplies, not even letting me protest it. So this is love?
I always have the same reaction, no matter if its the first time or the hundredth.
They plop me down infront of the fire place and hand me some cross stitch.  Its of our cottage. I give a small smile and begin to thread the needle.

It took months, years maybe? who knows in the doodlesphere, for them to talk to me again. I got taken into Nightmares office, first. I was drilled immediately on why I did it and what happened that day.

Eventually they all forgave me after knowing why. Because I saw no other way
A petty reason really, and not a good one. But they took it. They understood the pressure I was under, once I also explained the balance.  They of course were upset I kept all of this from them for so long that I was shunned for another two months.

But that's how it happened. Cross started visiting me at my cottage. No, I didn't go to the doodlesphere this time. Just to my house. We played games, talked, crafted, cooked, and so much more.
Until one day he asked me the question.

He let me into this life. I couldn't be happier with it.

I love everybody because I love you.