Chapter Twenty Two: Nandini

I broke our hug and I eyed manik, I still had tears in my eyes but I wiped them away from my cheeks.

Manik's eyes were cold and even though he told me the most horrific past of his, he didn't even once shed a tear or did I see any hurt in his eyes. When he said he was past it he really meant it.

"Do you still think we should let aarav see her?" Manik asks as he was still holding one of my hand.

I shook my head, i did change my mind after hearing their past but then I thought of aarav and how miserable he looked this morning. He was still so young for all this.

"I-I don't know, aarav is very young he is only 14. I saw how he looked at me this morning, he looked miserable manik"

"we know, that's why Cabir doesn't want him to see her. Don't worry Nandini he will be okay, he has raised this topic couple of months before too but then he forgot about it later on. Give him time." Manik tells me.

Maybe he's right, we should give aarav time and he will eventually forget about it.

I give a slight nod.

"Anyway I got a response back from your university, you've got orientation day after tomorrow and your classes start from next week" manik says, I was surprised because usually admissions take long, it's a long process.

"Really?!!" I say with excitement "but usually admissions take at least 2 weeks how did you do it in a day?"

"Baby you're forgetting who I am, I could buy that whole university if I wanted to" he says with a smirk.

I chuckle at that but my smile suddenly fades away "manik you've done so much for me, I don't think I could ever repay you"

"I'm not doing anything for you as a favour okay? You're my wife, it's my right" he tells me.

"I know but—"

"Shut up, I don't want to hear any of that again. I've got an important meeting soon, I'll see you in the evening" he stands up and grabs his phone from the table beside checking the time.

I get up after him giving him a nod "okay, bye"

I leave to go downstairs after manik had left, I go to the kitchen decoding to make myself a coffee. Just as I was making coffee, Cabir entered the kitchen and he looked pretty pissed off over something, maybe it was about the aarav thing.

I looked at him giving him a smile, all I could think of was Manik's words when I saw him. Cabir had done so much for them. I know from now I could never see Cabir the same way again, like yes he still terrified me but I sort of understood him—at least a part of him. Cabir was known to be cruel, brutal and someone who is quick to snap but there wasn't all that to him.

"Why are you staring?" He asks me with his dangerous tone.

I snap out of my thoughts and look at him. For a moment I just wanted to go there and hug him, hug the young boy who saved manik and Dhruv and even aarav who wasn't born yet. He fought their insane mother and burned so they could live. But Cabir wasn't the type of guy you would console and hug.

I wondered if he still remembered that day, I wouldn't dare to ask him. Cabir walked towards me on getting no response.

"I asked you a question Nandini." He gritted his teeth, I don't know whether he was angry or that was his normal tone now.

I shook my head "I wanted to uhm thank you"

He raised his eyebrows "for what?"

I shrug my shoulders looking up at him "just like that" I lie, of course I didn't want him knowing what I was talking about it might trigger something so dangerous.