Chapter Twenty Seven: Nandini

The boys came home late that night, including aarav which usually never happens but since aarav was with his brothers there was nothing to worry about.

Kiara helps me with the dinner as well, she had been with me the whole day which was good. Nyra also came home today to see me after she heard about the incident, she couldn't stay for long but we did have lunch together.

Kiara and Ahaan both left early after having dinner with us as she wasnt feeling well.

The boys were discussing something important so I went outside in the garden area as it was a nice weather, I sat with my book finishing my study revision because I missed the last two days.

As I was studying I heard multiple footsteps approaching me, I looked back and the four of them came and sat with me.

Manik sits next to me and holds my hand pulling me closer to him and then wrapping his arm around my shoulder sort of leaning on me.

"What are you doing here alone?" He asks me

"Just catching up on my work" I tell him "I missed the last two days"

Manik gives me a smile.

"We need to talk to you Nandini" Cabir speaks up, I look at him.

I sit up straight sort of and shutting my book wondering what he needs to talk about.

"Sure" I clear my throat

"Well today we questioned those guys who were involved in the robbery, and we found out they were involved with our mother because those were the same guys who sold aarav drugs—it was her plan but someone else was also helping her and them in this" Cabir tells me.

Their mother? She planned all this, I don't know why it wasn't even hard to believe because of what she did to them when they were younger. But she wants aarav then why is she hiring guys to sell drugs to him? She's basically ruin his life and with the robbery I wonder why did she try to do that.

"Who was helping her?" I ask him and I don't know why I almost knew the answer too.

"Your uncle" he answers me. "Apparently he wants to target you Nandini, and by target I mean he wants to kill you"

I was taken back by that, why did my uncle want to kill me? I mean I know that he doesn't like me but I never had anything against him. Yes he didn't help me with whatever happened in the past but I never had hatred for him and knowing he wants to kill me really surprised me.

"But don't worry Nandini I won't let him or anyone even come near you, they will die before that" Manik speaks from beside me holding my hand squeezing it and snapping me out of my thoughts.

"I didn't know he hated me this much" I look down sadly.

"He's a fucking asshole, he's holding you accountable for everything he lost but it's only him that's at fault" Manik says, his tone was low but dangerous.

"We won't let anything happen to you Nandini don't worry, we just had to tell you because it is related to your safety" Dhruv was sitting on the other side of me as he speaks.

"And this is an order Nandini that you won't leave the house without at least one of us four, I don't care how important it is. And I'm telling you this as your capo, it won't be nice for you if you don't follow my order got it?" he says it loud and clear for me to understand

By one of us four he actually meant himself, manik, Dhruv and Ahaan obviously aarav was a little young to be trying to safeguard me and I don't have a doubt that he won't do a good job but still.

"Yes" I nod

Cabir relaxed after that and we all talked about random things and Dhruv would add comments here and there to get Cabir pissed, sometimes I feel he does that on purpose but it's funny at times.