Chapter Thirty Three: Nandini

I couldn't help but wonder the whole time what Manik's surprise was going to be.

"Hey navya is here" kiara nudges me as I jump out of my senses, we look towards the door as we see navya coming in with Cabir.

Oh my god, I've never seen Cabir like this. He looks so genuinely in to her, I can just tell and the smile on his face was not at all fake.

"Guys this is navya, and navya this is my family. You've already met Nandini, Dhruv" Cabir glares at us recalling the time we stalked him to his date.

"Yes I have, lovely seeing you two again" she smiles at us.

"This is Manik and Aarav, my other two brothers" he pauses "and this is Ahaan and his wife Kiara, they are family"

"Very nice to meet you all" navya smiles politely

After a few minutes of formal talking, me and kiara head over to the kitchen to set up the rest of the food on the dining table, it was already 7pm.

Everyone gathered around the dining table, navya already looked comfortable with everyone with was good. Cabir was not leaving her side for even a minute, which was quite surprising actually, I wonder if he actually likes her or is there a reason behind this?

"Manik" I tap him getting his attention, this was my chance to get the secret out of him because me I can't feel at peace knowing a surprise is coming my way I wish he just didn't tell he was going to give me a surprise now I can't stop thinking about it.

"Hey, the food looks great" he tells me

"Thank you" I give him a smile, as he walks towards me "did you need help with anything?"

"Uhm" I look at him "actually yes you could help me by telling me what the surprise is?"

He lets out a small laugh "I knew that was coming, you really can't handle suspense right?"

"Noo I really can't" I make a sad face "which is why you can tell me"

"I can't baby" he pulls me closer "it's a surprise for a reason"

I look at him then think for a moment, he must be so excited to give me that surprise maybe I should just wait no? It's just a day I can do that.

"Okay fine, only because you say so" I give up.

"Good"

"Anyways uhm tell me one thing, do you notice what I'm noticing? I think Cabir might genuinely like navya" I tell him.

"It would be believable if this wasn't Cabir we were talking about, I mean it's Cabir he's like the founder of anti love"

"But he loves you guys" I say

"That's different I'm talking about love as in how a man loves a woman" he tells me as he grabs a bite of the breadstick.

"I know he might because I've felt the same for—" I pause, not knowing if I should say anything after what happened at the cottage.

"If you both have stopped analysing me and my capability to love, should we arrange the dinner?" Cabir interrupts and thankfully he did or this would've been awkward.

"Nandini you should seriously become a detective I don't know why you're studying physiotherapy" Cabir walks closer to us.

"Does that mean I'm right?" My face lights up.

"No, therefore you would make an shit detective" he immediately says.

"You're defending this way too much, the Cabir I know would've said I don't care and moved on" I cross my arms looking at him.