Super Snoopers

"Leo, are you ok?" Leo or rather, Billy looked like he'd seen a ghost.

"No," the raven haired boy dry hurled. "Feel awful."
The snooty redhead beside him crinkled his nose. "Eww. It had better not be contagious."

"Please excuse us. My son just needs some fresh air," Clark helped Billy up, out of the hall and down the cobbled path.

 My son just needs some fresh air," Clark helped Billy up, out of the hall and down the cobbled path

Superhearing detected only crickets in the vicinity. X-ray and microscopic vision confirmed there were no hidden cameras, electronic surveillance or human witnesses.
"Coast is clear," he nudged his son.

"Shazam!"

Lightning enveloped the boy transforming him

Lightning enveloped the boy transforming him. Captain Marvel shot through the clouds to join a waiting Man Of Steel.

"Billy's mind was invaded by someone who knows my secret identity," Cap rubbed the back of his neck absently. "My guess is that someone seated close to us is a powerful telepath. Possibly Martian."

"My sources say White Martians have infiltrated the Metropolis gangs and are targeting Fawcett," Clark grimaced.

"So, you've got heat vision, Mr Morris has provided enough cash to buy a warehouse of kerosene," Cap began.

"Not so simple. The majority are human and it's impossible to tell at a glance who are the real martians," Clark replied. "Fire that causes Martians to lose their form would kill humans."

"So we snoop around," Cap's eyes twinkled with mischief. "Billy needs some sleep. See you in the morning."

Clark watched his now full grown son head back and transform into the adorable, puppy eyed child he had grown fond of.

Maybe he could convince the boy to let him adopt him once this is over.

Sudden weakness accompanied by agonizing pain caught him off guard.
Kryptonite.

His jaw met a metallic fist.
Metallo!

As his strength ebbed away, a crystalline fist rammed into his ribs. Sharp pain accompanied that sickening crack.