THE DOLPHIN'S MASTER PLAN

You don't need to be perfect to soar; you only need to own your wings and trust them where it takes you.

One of the hardest things to keep relearning in life, especially in times of doubt, is easier to cheer on others rather than believe in oneself when we need to.

Good thing we have other people who never give up on us, to remind us to give up on ourselves.

However, it's always our choice. Choose to fly or choose to be afraid. 

When Swanilda couldn't fly as she should, Dolph shook his head. The day can't end like this. He needed to prepare his best friend before her parents arrive to meet her. Dolph was doing his best to think of something but he was at his wit's end. 

Looking at Swanilda, Dolph's heart sank when he saw how depressed and affected his friend was.

Silence. And then it dawned on him.  A glimmer of hope and excitement overcame him, as he thought of a brilliant idea. Dolph breaks into a mischievous grin as he hatched a naughty plan to lift up Swanilda's spirits. 

"Uh, oh." Swanilda said, as she noticed an unquestionable glint in her best friend's eyes. "Every time you have that look in your face, you're up to know good."

"Me?" Dolph said, pretty amused as he smiled at her. "How could you think that of me."

"Look, you're my best friend, so I know that you're up to no good with that look on your face," Swanilda.

Dolph scoffed and look at her and pretended to be offended.  And then he smirked and laugh. 

"What's so funny?" Swanilda asked him. 

Dolph giggled and tried to contain himself. Dolph whispered first something to Wally, who then giggled and had a knowing smile on his face. Then the dolphin beckoned the little pippit to fly close enough for him to whisper his diabolic plan that he had no intentions of telling Swanilda.  An amusing laughed came out of Pippit as he flew upward and looked at each accomplice regarding the plan. This agitated the young cygnet. 

"Alright you three, what's going on?" Swanilda demanded. "Wally...Pete..." If looks could kill both would have been maimed by now with how the cygnet looked at them.

Swanilda plomped real hard on top of Wally sprout, pouting as she didn't get any answer from them.

"Dolph, if you won't tell me what's going on I'll..."

Before Swanilda could even say anything else, a huge spring of water sprouted out of Wally's hole in the head, lifting Swanilda helplessly into the air. Swanilda shrieked as she was propelled upwards, but as always she plunged back down but this time before she could land on Wally's back, the whale left his post and was replaced by Dolph who leaped and pushed Swanilda back into the air with his snout.

Dolph leaped one more time, pushed Swanlida up and down again. Dolph repeated this, again, and again, and again, but as always Swanilda kept falling down and was still unable to fly.

Finally, exhausted from all the leaping and pushing, Dolph had one last trump card. If this doesn't work, Dolph told himself. Nothing will. Dolph leaped one last time, met Swanilda halfway in the air and pulled several feathers from Swanilda's tail. The young swan screamed in pain and began chasing the fleeing Dolphin.

Intentionally trapping himself in one of the dead end corners of a nearby cliff, Dolph stopped and turned to face the exasperated and furious cygnet. Swanilda was about to shout to say something when she noticed something from behind Dolph's back.

"Is that me? Is that really me?" Swanilda asked in amazement, as she marveled at her shadow. "I can't believe it! I'm actually flying! I'm really flying!" Swanilda looked at the clear blue waters below and saw her reflection. She was flying!