III

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

┏━━━━━━━━━━━━┓
𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚃𝚑𝚛𝚎𝚎
┗━━━━━━━━━━━━┛

In the early hours of Saturday morning, Aster Tyler was wide awake and bursting with energy. For the first time in months, she had had a dreamless sleep and relished in the fact that she had made it all the way through the night without waking up.

A small smile was pressed against her lips while her hands were wrapped around a steaming cup of freshly made tea. Leaning back on the sofa, the young woman blew onto the beverage before taking a tentative sip.

Resting on top of her lap was a plain white plate with one slice of jam-covered toast. Upon waking, Aster had found herself feeling hungry. Long before he had left, the brunette began skipping meals and only eating dinner. Even then, it was only something small.

In the end, she had become accustomed to the feeling and never noticed it anymore. But that morning, she did and instead of ignoring it like she usually would have, she decided it was time she got something to eat.

Holding the cup by the handle, Aster reached down and picked up the warm piece of food, raised it to her lips and took a bite. A small noise tumbled out of her throat as crumbs scattered down her nightshirt.

Rolling her eyes, the brunette tried her hardest to ignore the scratchy feeling as she finished her toast in five bites. Wiping her mouth and licking her fingers, Aster took a large gulp of her tea as she grabbed her plate and stood up from the partly destroyed sofa.

Padding into the kitchen, she placed the plate in the sink before downing the last of her tea and doing the same with the cup. Leaving the tiled room, Aster quietly slipped past the bedrooms, trying not to step on any creaky parts of the floor.

Wrapping her fingers around the wooden handle, Aster turned it to the right and pushed the door open. Pulling on the string, the brunette squinted her eyes as a harsh ray of light exploded in front of her.

Rushing inside, she quickly closed the door, being cautious not to let it slam before twisting the lock. Letting out a small sigh of relief, the brunette stepped in front of the mirror and frowned. Wow, I really do look terrible.

Her eyes held the darkest and deepest bags she had ever seen. Hell, it looked worse than Bella's when the teen went catatonic. Her hair had knotted in her sleep, leaving her to look like a bird had created a nest on top of her head. Her cheeks were defined and sickly looking while her lips were pale and cracked.

Unable to look at her reflection a moment longer, Aster turned around. Leaning down, she turned on the taps before pulling up the little button that connected them to the shower. Leaning back, she pulled the curtain to stop the water from going everywhere.