Chapter Two

Asia gets up and helps me with the bags since Jonathan did not have the decency to help me. She nods her head at him as she takes some of the bags from me.

"I hope the boys weren't too much of a pain?"

"My Godsons? Please, I haven't seen them since I got here. They have been playing that game the whole time."

"Of course," I say. "J.R and Isiah y'all want something to eat?" We have two boys J.R 13 the oldest named after his dad and my baby boy Isiah. He just turned 11. I named him after my father.

"Hey, dad." They say in unison as they pass their dad coming down the steps. 

"Hey G-mom, when did you get here?" J.R asks her. He thinks he is a comedian. "I thought we were home alone."

"Ha-ha J, you're trying to make your mom think I haven't been keeping an eye on you."

"I'm joking G-mom." He laughs. "What did you get us?"

"Chicken and shrimp and there is some cake as well."

"I'm not hungry. I'm full from all the snacks G-mom gave us." Isiah says not realizing he just told on Asia. J.R gives him a look.

"It's cool, I knew she would. She spoils you two too much." Jonathan has long disappeared upstairs somewhere and the boys are back upstairs in the loft playing their game. Asia cuts herself a slice of cake and we go into the family room to talk.

  "So, what in the world is going on? I still can't believe he did that. You know I wanted to say something about him walking in empty-handed. He is a piece of work this evening."

"A piece of something, but it's ok. I will pick up the bill tomorrow with my dad. Matter of fact I think we will have lunch at Christian's."

Asia spits out a small piece of cake as she laughs. "You know he is going to have a baby, once he sees that, all the food you got and the tip you left tonight."

"And I shall buy him a push gift if he does!" We both laugh. We talk for a few hours before she leaves. I text my dad to let him know I will be at his house at 11:00 am. He responds with yes and asks if I'm going to bring the boys. I let him know this will be a father-daughter lunch, no grandkids allowed. My dad is my best friend as well. I keep no secrets from him. I love that I have that relationship with him. I know he will ask how dinner went with me and Jonathan and I will only need to make a face and he will know that it did not go well. I head upstairs to go to bed; I don't even say goodnight to him and he doesn't say it to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Authors Note*

Please leave a like and comment