Chapter Eleven

Vivian's Pov
I could say for certain that all of the Velyron and Targaryen's they always spoke in riddles and in twisted tongues, it amazed me how they always knew the exact time and trusted the way their heart and chest spoke full hearted. I found my eyes squeezed tightly in place listening to her loud screams.

She clung desperately to the edge of the bed. I could hear the struggle the baby wasn't coming out after this long. Something was really wrong.

Laena let a soft sob sound out I reopened my eyes turning to face her seeing her head was resting on the edge of the bed, her white nightgown coated with the red stains. I flipped my body around to face the Maester who gently brushed passed me to meet Daemon half way near the door.

"The babe.. Is refusing to come out in all positions. She's fighting hard." I watched the flicker of emotions flare across his eyes, watching him press his finger deep into his chin.

"My strong girl.." I faintly smiled gently moving myself to join Laena at her side, kneeling besides her rubbing her back up and down deeply, moving the strands of her white hair back.

  "There may be a way to save the baby.. There's been a way cutting directly into the womb." My head had never snapped up so quickly before staring in disbelief that was always dangerous. No woman has ever survived that type of birth before. There isn't a grantee the baby will live either. They both can die during the struggle.

"Will the mother survive this?" I never had snapped so quickly before at Daemon roughly.

"Daemon!" He whipped his head to stare at me waving me off quickly with a lot of emotion in his voice, and tone turning back to face the maester. Laena grabbed at my arm gently struggling to stand up, she spoke to me through strained breaths.

"Please remember my promise Vivian.. Take care of my girls and him." I stared at her with deep hurt laced in my eyes.

"Laena." I whispered watching her gather herself up stumbling holding her bump. I pushed myself up also off the floor to rush after her. She was moving quite extremely fast for being in active labor.

"Laena wait." I called out quickly, watching how fast she was moving towards where Vhagar was. My own eyes grew faster trying to rush over towards her roughly, hearing how her tongue had changed to loud shouts into the night. It was high Valyrian. Anyone could recognize the one word Dracarys anywhere.

"Laena!" I spun around in shock hearing Daemon had stormed out just as quickly speed walking roughly over the gravel. I had to turn my head away from the sight of the large red flames engulfing her and her unborn child all at once. I held my mouth in shock letting a soft sounding cry out in disbelief. I couldn't get the image from my head of the look on Daemon's face.

_______________________
Viserria had always been kind to respect the space I needed. I had found myself on the roof with  Adonis and Aurelia watching the sun rise on this very sad morning. I gently bounced the both of them in my lap glancing down at them softly, not many of us were that very lucky.

I took a glance up at the footsteps nearing towards me relaxing, at the sight of Daemon. I nodded for him to join me sitting next to me. He faintly smiled gently rubbing at Aureila's cheek leaning over to press a soft kiss to her head.

"The gods are especially cruel to me Vivian... She's gone isn't she?" I spared him a soft look nodding at him a couple times with a sad expression across my face.

"She isn't here physically Daemon... But she left you two splitting images of her right there." I smiled softly gesturing my head towards were the two girls had followed their father up here. His entire expression grew staring at the two with sadness in his eyes before he gestured with his arms for the both of them.

They didn't hesitate to dive into his arms hugging him tightly burying their head on either sides of his neck. I hugged the twins some more tightly before swaying them left and right as much as I could watching the two glance up at me with tears brimming their eyes.

I also held my arms out for them the both of them Baela was first to bring me into a soft like hug nuzzling her head across Adonis and Aurelia a few times loosely. Such a bitter sweet morning this was, feeling Daemon resting his head loosely on my shoulder a blank expression valid over his entire features.