Chapter 2 - A troupe?

'Whose voice was that?

Suddenly, a short girl with bright pink hair emerged from the wings, carrying a broom in a sword stance.

"LET US DUEL THEN!"

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Tsukasa stumbled back, surprised by the sudden encounter.

"Woah woah woah! It's not a real sword! See?" The girl tossed the broom into the wings wear it made a crash. "Come on, come on, keep going! It's getting to the best part!"

"H-huh?"

"The prince and the evil villain will duel to the death! Soon, a victor will be decided which it will obviously be the prince! Then the prince will save the princess and the kingdom along with it! Wonderhoy!"

Tsukasa rose from the ground with suddem excitment. "HAHAHA! It's a brilliant ending for such a heroic character! I don't believe we've been property introduced. My name is Tsukasa Tenma, remember it well! For it will heard of around the world one day! And you are?"

"Emu! Emu Otori! Nice to meet you Mr world famous Tsukasa!"

Emu grabbed Tsukasa's hand and shook it energetically.

"WONDERHOY! It seems today is my lucky lucky day! You have the potential to he my very first troupe member!"

Tsukasa became confused. "Troupe member? You don't mean.."

"Yes! This stage is where I do my very own performances! And I've been looking for fellow actors and actresses for quite some time now. Maybe we can finally get a real audience to come to the stage! Soooooo??? Oh please say yes pleeeasse!"

Tsukasa was dumbfounded. 'Is this real life right now? Did I really just get asked to perform on stage? This is my dream come-!"

"Tsukasa, I'm asking you not to push yourself too hard. I know you love the theater honey but..it takes a lot of effort and energy to put on a show. 2 hours of dancing and singing is a lot, and that's not even considering the hours of rehearsal. And also the germs..its just too much for you to handle. I hope you understand dear."

'Oh right..'

"I'm sorry Emu, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to..Thank you so much for offering though! I really appreciate it!"

Emu's previous happiness seemed to fade into disappointment. But then she smiled again.

"You said I'm not sure! That's not a no!"

Emu then ran behind stage and came back with a notebook. She scribbled down a few things and ripped out the paper, handing it to Tsukasa.

"This is my phone number. If you ever change your mind, give me a call!"

He took the paper and put it in his pocket.

"Alright, I should be getting home soon now. Goodbye for now!"

"See you later, Tsukasa!"

Tsukasa climbed off the stage and made his way towards the exit. 'See you later', the words echoed in his mind. It's almost like she was certain they would meet again.

He stared up at the orange and red sky. 'The sun is already starting to set, I should hurry before mom gets worried'

"I'm home!"

"Tsukasa!"

Saki ran up to her big brother and hugged him.

"How was school? Make any new friends? I heard you went to the amusement park today! Pretty isn't it? Oh yeah! I made dinner tonight! Come on, I bet you're hungry!"

She dragged Tsukasa to the dinner table and gave him a bowl of food. In the bowl were ramen noodles boiled to perfection, decorated with vegetables and other toppings.

"Wow Saki! It smells delicious! A dinner truely fit for a king!"

"Of course! Now tell me how your day was, and I'll tell you about mine!"

~End of chapter 2~